Don’t Try This at Home

Hello!

Today, I flew in the monstrous Hurricane Dorian. Well, almost everybody flew in the storm at some point or another. With 185mph sustained winds, this is one of the strongest Atlantic hurricanes in years. I tried to takeoff a few times in my C-130, but failed. Eventually, I had to switch to a KC-10 to not get thrown off the runway. In the pic, I was the C-130, Here’s the photo.

Don’t try to fly in a hurricane at home!

I hope you enjoyed this photo, it was fun trying to fly in the hurricane.
Feedback is welcome, have a nice day IFC!

I wish the best to everybody in the Bahamas, and everyone else in the path of this dangerous storm, Stay safe!

45 Likes

Yeah I crashed… Thank god I was on casual

5 Likes

Pretty crazy. Hope this was on casual server. 😜

2 Likes

It was on Expert, luckily most of us at the time followed rules and didn’t get ghosted.

6 Likes

my c-130j was moving and shaking like if it was a toy while i was taxing at marsh harbour, even while i wasn’t moving. i kept on crashing because of how bad the shaking was. i had to takeoff from MYNN(Nassau) just to fly to marsh harbour

1 Like

Wow, the eyewall must have been right over you, I flew just before the eyewall hit.

1 Like

C-130s are a bit tipsy, but an amazing experience! Good job on the shot, too! 😉👍🏼

1 Like

Thanks! And yes, the C-130 tips over soooooo easily.

3 Likes

I was in a Cessna 208 Air Caraïbes and tried to land in Nassau, but the wind tossed me around so much, I crashed well to the side of the runway!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy, a Cessna 208?

1 Like

Yes! I wasn’t sure whether they operated that aircraft on the route! But it was crazy, my approach was so bad I couldn’t stay still for more than a few seconds!

1 Like

I wasn’t surprised I crashed!

1 Like

Just glad this is IF. How did you get in the air though?

1 Like

It was crazy, I landed a Dash-8 in 80 kt winds but I missed the runway and landed on grass, and we’ll just say that the landing was of RyanAir butterness

5 Likes

Oof, well I think everybody did something similar to that.

2 Likes

Location? To try it out haha

2 Likes

The airport was at MYAM, the winds have gone a little to the west, but they’re still in the general area.

2 Likes

But … I already tried this at home

2 Likes

Thank you brother

2 Likes

Well, hope you were ok.

2 Likes