Dogfight- Super "D" Vs "(Dev) Spit". Down in the SFlordia Glades!

Max Ask’s;; Got into a running Dogfight with a Spitfiire todsy just before the start of FNF. It was Dev Color Coded and with (Dev) as part of his ID… Cleaned his clock!!! He’s probably still “Red”. Anybody know who the driver was ?

What were you poling around in Max?

@Nigel_Wright… Super Decatholon Nigel. The Spit guy had big numbers, was surprised he stayed low and slow initially when I jumped him. He was on the ground when I saw him and gave a call. That woke him up. He launched started some T&G and I jumped him. Had a fur ball going for a period. My little red machine against a Hun killer. Fun… But I won, got inside his turns with a few split S’s. These guys need a little ACM study & training before the hop in a fighte, LOL!7 Max

2 Likes

Not surprised you got inside with a decathlon… Turns on a sixpence even with nowt but the makers name on the clock! Surprised the Spit didn’t just shovel on the coals and high tail out though… Merlin Vs Lycoming drag race? No contest.

1 Like

@Nigel_Wright… The Hon. Mr. R. J. Mitchell CBE and the “Few” would have really been displeased with the Spit driver as was I. I expected a hi-Q and a deflection shot or two and a zoom away with a V roll. Lovely bird the Spit, I fly her often over the green fields of her home. Know the history, wish the region extended out to the white cliffs with the continents coast just a shadow in the glum cast by the morning sun. Wish FDS would upgrade this old warbirds with a 3D cockpit. Been asking for her upgrade for years. If your a Spitfire kinda guy watch for me in “Dyesoe Q” out of RAF Mildenhall some foggy day!
Cheers Mate, Max Sends

1 Like

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you diving out of the sun! Usually fly out of White Waltham in the spit. Nothing better than rolling the old girl out on the grass.

Nigel. Take a look at EGWE (RAF Henlow)… Also had to drop the memorial call sign with the new all capital letter requirerments . Look for “QualityQ”.
Regards Max

Know RAF Henlow well. It was my first posting out of training. Back in my day we still had the remnants of the old aircraft factory on site. The tower is built from Sptifire packing cases

1 Like

Max Ask’s for the last time… This has been purking for 24 hours. Who was the (Dev) flying the Spit during FNF?

Remember any other part of their callsign?

No to bizey… I’ll see him again. His call sign started with an "N+ #### (Dev). Aircraft was Dev color coded…
善悪 Sends

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

And I saw all of those from Aspin Pitkin tower…

That’s how high my airspace goes😜

1 Like

@Carson… Just an innocent bystander, saw your were inundated so I took my little red bird south and attempted to clear your airspace, thanks for the transition. Almost made the 12 grand when @Rotate jumped me! Tryed to take hm low and slow down in the valleys. He headed me into a box canyon and I lost it. One for Rotate. We where both game for a ghosting! Thanks for the consideration. One good turn deserves another! At your service Sir!
Warm Regsrds, Max

Nah you guys were ok. You weren’t interfering with my planes, so I just ignored it.

1 Like

Lol that’s basically what happened it was more like 9’oclock though 😂

1 Like