Dog Profile Pictures

This question may seem a bit silly, but it relates to the forum, so here it is.

Why do so many IFC members have their dogs as their profile pictures? It just seems a bit odd to me. Even mods are in on the action. Why?

(cats are better)

3 Likes

Hi,

Tbh I can’t remember who started it (normally a moderator) and people followed it.

1 Like

I don’t know, but I always had my dog as my profile since I joined the IFC.

2 Likes

This isn’t even my dog. I was going to get a Corgi when I signed up but got two huskies last year instead and they don’t sit still enough for a good picture

5 Likes

Not only dogs, but our pets in general. I believe a moderator had started the trend. I just keep mine as it is because I’m too lazy to change it :^)

3 Likes

Why not? If people want to share their pets so be it. It’s cool seeing people’s pets as well I guess. There’s no harm. ;)

2 Likes

It was a thing that DeerCrusher and Marc did, and us (the regulars) caught on. It’s a thing in the lounge…

3 Likes

I have a labrador-golden retriever cross, should I set it as that? @tsumia left the server

1 Like

MaxSez: my Shih Tzu’s are my copilots … I don’t leave home without him.
Max

24 Likes

It started in #lounge and then became a trend. I watched it happen and helped start it.

I might go back to my dog pfp as well.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s cute seeing the doggos as profile pics. Please never let it die <3

1 Like

Dogs are the best. There’s no better animal out there. Those profile pictures are the best trend ever. Here, a picture of our family dog enjoy the sunset in the mountains.

Good night 👋🏼

31 Likes

Dogs are awesome. Simple as that really.

18 Likes