Does your device heat up when flying?

Hey so i just wanted to enquire if its something that only i face or its there in general, but my device usually heats up like crazy when using IF…is that normal? I use the 2018 iPad…

It’s completely normal for a device to heat up under load, it happens all the time.

If you’re running at the maximum graphics settings, your device has to work harder to display the image.

A rule of thumb is that lowering the graphics and lowering your brightness can massively reduce the heat output. I can leave my tablet on overnight and it’s cool to the touch doing this 🙂

2 Likes

oh damn it really did make a big difference…i put all the settings on low…it did make a huge difference

1 Like

@Kirito_77 one more thing…i might sound stupid but does this help reduce the battery consumption?

You mean battery? It does! It reduces stress/load on your device meaning that it doesn’t have to work so hard so it reduces the battery usage. The reduced brightness also helps

1 Like

It will reduce charge consumption.

Another thing you can do, is under general settings, there is an option to “enable low power mode”. What this does is after approximately 2 minutes of you not touching the screen, with autopilot on, it drops the frame rate to 10fps which can really help reduce heat and battery usage.

2 Likes

oh alright thank you

1 Like

oh alright…i’ll turn it on thank you…

No worries, was there anything else you needed help with?

1 Like

nope…the device is running smooth now…:)

Perfect, glad to hear it 🙂

1 Like

Non Toasty Device > Toasty Device