Does the +500ft for VFR rule apply in Europe?

Planning some VFR flight in Europe, mostly in France, simbrief always gives me the same cruising altitude of 4000ft for the Cessna 172 only changing to 3000ft if flying eastbound. Is this right? Or is simbrief not giving the correct altitudes?

Also, simbrief always gives me the same flight level, not changing no matter the distance of the flight, gives me the same for flying 50nm or 300nm.

1 Like

I don’t believe Simbrief is programmed with VFR altitudes.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I planned a flight inside of Spain and it did give 3500ft for cruise altitude, but not in France.

when flying VFR here, I was never told to go at an x500ft altitude

1 Like

VFR altitude rules are also applicable in France

1 Like

Are u applicate FLIGHT RULES “VFR” on simbrief ?

1 Like

Yes, and also type of flight “General Aviation”

1 Like

Ok so altitude must be ±500ft

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the thing, simbrief does not give me -+ 500ft, always gives me 4000ft. So should I follow what simbrief says or just fly that altitude with -+ 500ft if I’m trying to be as realistic as possible?

Oh hey @Clement_Noel @VascoMagalhaes

Use altitude VFR It’s the rules

1 Like

If your goal is to be as realistic as possible then yes add 500 feet, but at the same time in IF no one is really going to care. A lot of people who are flying VFR in IF treat it a lot like an IFR flight, especially if you are using a sim brief route a stuff. Nothing wrong with that, just throwing it out there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.