Does KDCA take 757s?

As we all know, this week’s FNF features the airports of Washington, with KIAD being the main hub, and KDCA as the secondary. I studied the routes that operate to KDCA and discovered that some could be flown with a 757. I did some more digging and discovered a news article: United will soon be flying the biggest jets at D.C.'s National Airport
So my question now stands, could I fly the 757 into this airport for the FNF and would the controllers allow it?

Yes the 757 flies into KDCA

1 Like

Alright, as long as there are no issues with flying this aircraft in for FNF.

1 Like

Nope, you’re all good

1 Like

You can type your airport ICAO here and see all aircraft size restrictions and many more. The website says up to A321. However, the B757 isn’t really bigger and if it flys there in real life as well, I wouldn’t worry about it.

https://www.ifatc.org/airports

1 Like

United is operating a 757-300 route from KDEN/KSFO-KDCA, so yes you may enjoy the FNF in a 757. *

2 Likes

Looking at this, it has been accepting it since before most people here were even born

1 Like

Let Me Google That 😊😊😊

4 Likes

Delta is currently the only 757-200 operator at DCA, serving them from LAX. That if you want realism, though there were many more routes before the pandemic.

I think delta fly it in though but DHL and FEDEX do I believe.

Nope. No cargo at DCA

2 Likes

American retired their 757s, leaving United and Delta. DHL and FedEx do not fly into DCA.

1 Like

Uhhh I don’t DCA has cargo

Oh I think im thinking about Baltimore lol

Yes, both American and Delta fly 757 into DCA

DCA can also take 767-300s, there was scheduled service back in 2008-2009 from Atlanta on Delta.

click the featured topic in my bio for all you need to know

But United doesn’t because of IAD so only Delta flies them now

United doesn’t because of COVID, however the 757-300 will most likely be seen at DCA again when demand goes up from San Francisco and Denver

1 Like

Yeah but just talking for usual traffic they don’t because they only fly to IAD

I don’t understand what you mean, are you saying that United only flies to Dulles, or the 757-300 only flies to Dulles?

1 Like