Does IF work on handheld Android consoles?

Was wondering if some of you guys tried IF on “handheld” Android consoles like this one I just found : http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s192-rk/

I’m more into iOS devices, but this could be interesting

Hm, i don’t see why it shouldn’t. It’s Android and we all know it works on Android :)

2 Likes

Would definitely be an interesting controls setup… two analogs. And various buttons to program… I kinda want to buy this just to try it out.

2 Likes

aha, please do and tell us if sticks & buttons work natively :)

2 Likes

My opinion would be that your best bet is to just buy a joystick and use LiveFlightConnect to use it with Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Well I’d imagine that you could assign the buttons like you would the buttons on a normal joystick. The part that intrigues me is the different possible control assignments for the 2 analog sticks.

1 Like

Left analogue stick: Bank and Pitch
Right analogue stick: Rudder?

Whatcha think?

2 Likes

In my opinion it would be better, especially because of the 4 gigs of ram!

2 Likes

I am also intrigued. This is however borderline on a bit of a strange topic.

Im going to make a judgment call and invite @philippe into this chat, he will be able to offer some more clarity on this matter and then it can be judged more effectively how this conversation moves forward.

2 Likes

Now this is neat. Would like to see it in action.

1 Like

I just did some more reading to see if it has a touch screen and I don’t think it does. But it does have tilt controls.

1 Like

Isn’t it enough that Philippe was tagged? Please don’t delay Global by tagging developers unnecessarily. 😜

3 Likes

What would be so good with 4GB RAM when devices such as iPad Pro 9.7 can handle everything perfect with only 2GB RAM. Please do explain.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with RAM, at all.

3 Likes

This is a handheld console, not a gaming tablet. Without touchscreen features it is very unlikely that infinite flight will be compatible. It’ll most likely be like the nvidia store on the shield tablet where you purchase pc/console games.

On the subject of controller for flying, I have the controller for my Shield tablet and using it is horrendous! Stick to joystick or accelerometer flying 👍

1 Like

There are many videos online of gameplay that show that it is a touchscreen.

But on the other hand unless you can map buttons it is a far teach to use the IF screen so it defeats the purpose.

1 Like

because Android programs, mostly based on JVM (Java Virtual Machine) require more RAM & CPU than languages used on iOS (C derived languages like Swift & Objective C)

2 Likes

Partially agree. Java-derived applications are indeed a bit more demanding, but not as much as people tend to believe. Especially not twice as much as it’s C-based counterparts :)

Yes they are, most of the time : http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/swift.html

Pretty irrelevant. Read what i wrote again, and then read the bottom of the page you just linked ;)

“We want easy answers, but easy answers are often incomplete or wrong. You and I know, there’s more we need to understand.”