Does IF Support Aerobraking?

Hi, I have been flying the F-16C and F-22 a lot recently learning how to fly them. as I have been reading articles about both of them in real life I noticed one of the things the pilots do to slow down faster is to “aerobrake” by keeping the jet at a high angle of attack even after touching down on the runway. After flying the different fighter jets in IF I could not tell a difference in the time it would take to slow the jet down using the “aerobrake” method or not. If anyone has some answers that would be great!

1 Like

I suspect aerobraking requires a high amount of skill and practice.

I have moved this from support seems it isnt an issue with the app.

1 Like

Maybe if you practice more, you might be able to tell the difference. Like Mags said, it takes a lot of skill. There is probably a difference, just keep trying.

2 Likes

yes. It works, it’s really easy but I don’t do it anymore because it takes forever to slow down.

1 Like

Really, I never tried it before. Maybe later I will experiment with it and see how it turns out.

2 Likes

Great, thanks! I don’t necessarily want to use that technique every time but for the realism I was wondering if it actually works.

Check this:

An IF music video.

2 Likes

I find aerobraking to be quite effective with the F-22, I can’t comment on it’s usefulness in other aircraft however.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.