Does FNF ever change dates?

Do Friday Night Flights ever move dates? What I mean is that every FNF lands on a Thursday night for me, meaning I’ll never be able to attend one because I’m always busy on a Thursday and am rarely ever not. This may be a dumb question but I’m just wondering.

1 Like

Emphasis on the Friday.

10 Likes

But it starts on a Thursday night, and ends on Friday at 6 every time… it’s more like a Thursday night flight for me 😂

And I’m kinda salty because I wanted to do the Indonesian one but I couldn’t

For me, it starts friday morning and ends saturday morning

2 Likes

These are confusing times

Actually I’m pretty sure atc switches over at 2:00 AM EST forgot the Zulu every morning on the schedule therefore it will not be on Thursday night on Friday hint FNF Friday atc is all day on these airports

2 Likes

Due to the many different timezones that IF pilots fly in/from, the people who organise the FNFs try their best to make it flexible for everybody. Sadly though, with doing that comes some time zones not being on a Friday.

1 Like

Understandable! And I don’t blame them!

1 Like

Where do most of the IF users come from though?

1 Like

Not really sure, I’d assume a majority from the UK and USA

2 Likes

Short answer: everywhere lol

1 Like

@alphabravo6 @Zach007 both are true 😂

2 Likes

From what I see there is active ATC at WIII

1 Like

If you live in San Diego, California, the FNF’s should start around 10 or 11 p.m. on Thursdays, and end 24 hours later on Fridays.

You can do an overnight flight to Indonesia beginning on a Thursday night and then land in the morning. Or, if you have school, depart before you go and land after, or just do a short flight after school.

2 Likes

Good idea, but where I live it starts 6 and ends 6. Idk about everywhere else

Um, where do you live? Your profile says San Diego, and the city is in the same time zone as San Jose, so it should follow the same time.

1 Like

Mine starts at 2:00 o clock in the Morning so a little inconvenient for me but still do a flight Thursday night wake up and land

2 Likes

I guess I’m wrong then 😆

0600 Zulu time is not Pacific time. 0600 Zulu would be 11 p.m. Pacific…

1 Like