Does anyone know what this blue line represent?

Altitude at each waypoint if I’m not mistaken. In the left side at the top it says “flight level”.

I think that would be the red line you’re talking about. I was wondering the blue line that behaves erratically shooting above FL450.

2 Likes

Oh, my bad I thought you meant that one since it had the blue rectangles around it. In that case, I don’t know.

1 Like

It might be the Air Pressure (hPa) as that is the axis on the right side.

2 Likes

I think the hpa is unit in QNH and the two vertical axis correspond ie QNH of 850 is the standard datum air pressure at 5000 feet. Pressure Altitude Calculator

Right, yeah I can see that now. I feel like I should know what it is, but I can’t think of what it could be. Let me do some digging.

1 Like

I had a look on the Simbrief User Guide and found this under crew NOTAMs:

SB008/15 VALID: 19-MAR-15 2243 - UFN
SB008/15 COMPANY NOTAM
RECENTLY A NEW “VERTICAL PROFILE” CHART WAS ADDED TO THE FLIGHT
MAPS SECTION. THIS CHART SHOWS A SIDE-ON VIEW OF YOUR ROUTE,
COMPLETE WITH TERRAIN AND TROPOPAUSE CONTOURS, AS WELL AS WIND AND
TEMPERATURE VALUES FOR DIFFERENT LEVELS. PILOTS SHOULD NOTE THAT
THE WIND BARBS ON THIS CHART ARE IN FACT INDICATING WIND
DIRECTION, NOT VERTICAL AIR MOVEMENT AS IT MIGHT APPEAR. IN OTHER
WORDS, A WIND BARB POINTING UP WOULD INDICATE WINDS FROM THE
NORTH, RATHER THAN DOWNWARD VERTICAL WINDS.

It might be the Tropopause Contours.

The tropopause minimum acts as a barrier between the troposphere and stratosphere because mixing and heat transport by convection can only occur when temperature decreases with height.

(Not that I know what those are, just a guess)

3 Likes

@HarryH1 This blue line is a “jet wind” and in this area there is a lot of turbulence. 😉

3 Likes

Wow. Thank you guys so much. Appreciate the research @Josh! :)))

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.