Does anyone feel like they achieve airspeed too fast or is it just me?

like in real life it takes a while for plane to reach v1 and lift off but here i can take off within 1/3 or runway even with 90%n1

4 Likes

It kinda depends on alot of factors.
Weather, weight, air density, throttle input, ect

1 Like

Sometimes long runways can create the illusion that you used no runway to takeoff.
For example: A 16,000ft runway at KDEN, you may only require 7,000ft of that to get airborne. So it may look like you took off too soon, because your still seeing 9,000 feet of runway left

1 Like

I have noticed this too, but it all depends on what @Topgottem said above

1 Like

I try to go at around 85-87% N1, so I don’t take off so soon.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. 😉

7 Likes

Yeah, same. I have tried other simulators, and it takes longer to achieve airspeed. It doesn’t feel right, you can try to lower the N1 percentage, but it still achieves speed too fast or even loses speed when it shouldn’t

It feels pretty unrealistic. And before anyone says "weight, wind, throttle input, etc. I know what I’m doing, I’m not new to this game.

2 Likes

Every plane in IF has too much power (except maybe A333), both stopping and going.

4 Likes

Yea but wind can always play a factor in any stage of flight

That’s the one plane I noticed too

Obviously it’s kind of hard to measure objectively but I feel like that one feels the most “true” to real life. Stuff like the 77L if you’re light you can go up at 8000 FPM no issue.

1 Like

Yeah, and the 787 can take off in 3,000 feet and then go space shuttle mode and not lose speed.

3 Likes

i played x plane 12 and you’re on the runway for longer and compared to those wingview takeoffs on youtube it was somewhat realistic. but even 747 on infinite flight can take off before reaching half of runways 😂😂

2 Likes

Definitely true. I fly the zibo pretty often and compared to the zibo, the IF 737 has some issues. It gains airspeed too quickly during the takeoff roll and it decellerates too quickly in descents. The 737 is supposed to be a lot more slippery during descent but in infinite flight it feels like a brick

Max out your weight and see the difference

4 Likes

Honestly, it feels fine on my end. It all comes down to how you calculate your takeoff performance. I haven’t had an issue with it ever since I started using actual takeoff performance calculators that give me a better idea of which flaps settings and N1% percentages to use. The one that I use the most (and is the most accurate for the 737 family, what I fly most often) is VAS Airplane Toolbox. As long as you double-check that you’re using the right units and takeoff/landing weights, you’ll generally get a realistic dep, however, I can’t speak regarding other aircraft like the A320 family, since they usually use FLEX/TOGA, which we can’t see.

VAS has a user-friendly interface, and the airport database is updated around every month or so. I’d definitely recommend :)

4 Likes

Well what I can tell you is under these operations, is takes about 40secs for the MD-11 to get airborne.

This is copied and pasted from my manual, but this is assumed standard ops

The MD-11 requires 8280ft of runway at sea level for takeoff, when operating under the following conditions:
-Temperature is 16c°
-QNH is 29.82
-TO/GO Throttle is 89% ≠ N1=94%
-Load is at 88% MTOW (608,559lbs)
-Dry runway
-Runway slope no more then 1°
-V1: 128kias (Runway 1L @ KSFO)
-Vr: 164kias
-Vlof 178kias
-V2 180kias
-V3 195kias
-V4 225kias
-V5 275kias

How do I download it lol, it puts something in my google drive and I don’t know what to do from there

90% on which aircraft?

Agreed, it seems like all aircraft fly the same in Infinite Flight. Takeoffs feel the same in every aircraft, as does most of the flying. I want to say that the aircraft in Infinite Flight feel like they have no weight to them? If that makes sense. The A330 is the only one that feels somewhat different.

1 Like