Does anybody know how I can access IFs Code

Does anybody know how I can access IFs code I’m doing it to study it’s code for a class

I would probably send them a e-mail or something, but i wouldn’t expect anything if i were you to be honest…

2 Likes

I just wanna see it

No; IF is closed source, and once you have the code it’s out of the dev’s control. You could (though I’m not saying you would) release it to a pirate website.

Also you would have to set up all the dependancys and setting for you to even access the code.

There are much better examples online anyway :)

11 Likes

How about coding for one of our airports, Ice? :)

1 Like

Not of help to @eli_Mumm; He could access all our ‘code’ (I don’t call it that, it’s data really) in the repo.

3 Likes

Oh right. Maybe he should search up better examples online like you said.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s plenty on GitHub/Sourceforge and the likes

If he wanted to see some Flight sim code then check out [FlightGear] (http://www.flightgear.org/download/source-code/)

6 Likes

Even if you did get access to it… you’ll have days worth of reading material :)

7 Likes

It already takes 10-20 minutes to read the data of an average municipal airport. But the whole app. . .

The only public code available is the Live API
So you need

1. An API key (need to DM Laura ONLY IF YOU DEVELOP A REAL PROJECT)

2. Skills in coding

So good luck

There are actually 2 apis; the IF connect API (used by LiveFlight Connect) which you do not need a key for, and the online api (used by LiveFlight Tracker) which you do.

This is a good shout, learning to use the Connect API really helped my learn C# ;)

2 Likes

LiveFlight is everywhere.

3 Likes

Here it is

openflightsim();

;)

3 Likes

!DOCTYPE HTML

<html>

<head>

<title>Infinite Flight</title>

</head>

<body>

<h1> Welcome to Infinite Flight </h1>

</body>

</html>

4 Likes

*<!DOCTYPE HTML> ;)

1 Like

You can not publicly access this.

Woaaaah, *publicly.

Someone grab this for one of the Carson topics.

22 Likes

Ugh I knew someone would catch that before I corrected it, didn’t think it’d be you though😠

16 Likes

Ban me, I dare you.

28 Likes