Does anybody else live near an approach or departure path for an airport?

I personally live on the approach path for Cardiff airport (on the turn to left base for RWY 12).

If you live by one, what’s the biggest aircraft you’ve seen, mine is a 747-400 from Heathrow for maintenance :)

6 Likes

I live right under the approach path for KSNA, KLAX, and KFUL. Usually, the SNA arrivals will be straight in or on a right downwind, LAX arrivals from the east will fly right over, and I live right next to KFUL, so the GA aircraft fly right above me.

3 Likes

I have seen an Atlas Air B748F not too far above my city.

1 Like

I live in between 2 approach paths for BWI. RW10 and RW 33L. I also live on the final path of Tipton airport. Aircraft going to BWI pass over my house at around 2000-4000 ft

2 Likes

I live right where the departures and arrivals fly over for SFO. I see the departures going to LAX, and, SAN go right over me. The arrivals no matter what happens, I will see every arrival that goes into sfo.

1 Like

Well if you ask me, EWR (specifically the 22’s) :)

Only a small amount, I have plenty of other pictures, including the LH 748

12 Likes

I live under the approach path for RWY 31L for KHIO. Practically every day I can hear planes on final.

1 Like

Me and my school sit right under the 16R approach path. The biggest is an A380 ;$

1 Like

PHNL - From my window I’ve seen it all: prop planes, military fighter jets, AF1, to A380s!

3 Likes

I live under DSNEE 4 ARRIVAL into Long Beach (KLGB)

1 Like

#BestSTARinSoCal 👏

2 Likes

So jealous! None of the planes over mine have gears down :(

2 Likes

I live very close to the 3-5 mile final for runway 36 at KGRB, so today I watched Air Force 1 land from my house. :)

4 Likes

I live right under the ILS for 35 at MSP as well S’s the numerous STARs and SIDs for the airport. I see a lot of aircraft that come from the south of Minnesota.

2 Likes

Unlucky :(
I have everything here lol
From the GE’s of the 77W, to the 787’s, 330’s, a 748, 2 321LR’s (TAP and Aer Lingus), and many others that come to this airport. Name it and I 100% have seen it :)

2 Likes

I live near the RWY 26 approach for KRIL, so I get to see loads of private jets come in and out every day.

This was a Dassault Falcon 50 that passed right over my head while I was sitting in a hammock. He actually passed over a few times because he kept going around.

4 Likes

@Lufthansa2 @KGJT-9149 I shoukd start taking photos of the planes, seeing a Qatar 787 turn is amazing :)

2 Likes

@Rian_OShea and myself live next to one of the approach waypoints into EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol) heavies like the B747 and smaller planes like the B737 often fly overhead.

Since we also live near the coast, many GA aircraft flying from EHRD (Rotterdam The Hague) like to fly over us in order to get to the beach and fly around there ;)

3 Likes

Is ig sensible for me to show the approach path even though it shows my locatiom (not my exact location)?

1 Like

Nope. KAMA is on the exact opposite side of where I love. The only time I see departures is when they are pretty high up in the air.

2 Likes