Does Airbus copy Boeing?

I want to know your opinion about this thing.
In my opinion they copy a bit stuff from Boeing.
At the same time, Boeing copies some things from Airbus.

7 Likes

Everyone copies everyone.

36 Likes

The A350 copies from the B787? Definitely.

16 Likes

Depends, the a350 is coped by Boeing, not other way around @anon31652286 🐉

3 Likes

They try to compare they do not copy!

2 Likes

47 Likes

Everyone copies everyone, the A350 was a copy of the 787, the 737MAX was a copy of the A320NEO, make up your own mind but in my opinion the answer is definitely yes

15 Likes

Ironically, having flown both, I wish they would both copy the best bits from the other!!!

2 Likes

Did Airbus copy Ilyushin?
Il96

I would rather think the ‘Airbuski’ was Ilyshin copying Airbus!! I always though the A340-300 ‘Ground-Gripper’ struggled on take off until I say the Ilyushin take off at Moscow!

2 Likes

It’s normal, they are the BEST two aircaft industries and Airbus copies Boeing and viceversa

1 Like

There’s no way to get around it so yes both ways you build upon others and you have a better understanding of what your doing

As above, it’s just like car manufacturers, they ALLLLLL copy each other, and often rebrand it as there own.

4 Likes

Im sure they "observe " each other closely !

1 Like

To say that Airbus and Boeing copy each other would definitely offend both companies. I believe they’d get some ideas and designs from each other, but I would not say either directly copy the other.

12 Likes

Well they spend thousands of hours testing their designs in wind tunnels and CFD super computers, and often get the top 1% engineering staff and consultants who have worked for many, including their rivals.

It’s not copying that makes them come up with similar designs, just the laws of physics.

12 Likes

It’s not a direct copy, but they copy concepts

Both companies use the same concepts. There are great ideas in both manufacturers aircraft. The 777 was initially due to have side sticks as the column is only attached to some actuators under the floor anyway. However it was decided that this was too ‘Airbus’ at the time and the idea shelved.

Both companies protect their concepts and products with IP copyrights so Airbus can have ‘winglets’ they have to have ‘sharklets’ etc. etc.

The basic concepts are physics and computer driven. How they are implemented is the company decision.

As an ‘operator’ I just wish we could amalgamate all the best bits!!!

7 Likes

Of course they do!

Yes but the concept of the plane. The 787 is an ultra efficient ultra comfortable wide body. The A350 is an ultra efficient ultra comfortable wide body. A320NEO is an ultra efficient short-medium haul plane. The 737MAX is the same. 737 and A320 are also the same concept. You get the idea. I know it’s because they fit the market and stuff, but they still copy.

3 Likes