Do you use the FPV?

The fpv never bother me so i never noticed it before.

If you want to hit runway numbers and within first block of touch zone, FPV would definitely help achive every single time. Unless you are pro manual pilot who keeps localiser needle all the way to touch down but then it will flactuvate when you get near to threshold. I’m not sure where you all touchdown on most flight.

I have only used it on my first few flight.
TBH I hated it, as it removed “realism” for me and I think removing it helped me improve greatly because I never relied on it.
This forced my to actually practice, and having solo mode for months on end helped me get it down. All I need to do now is learn without the HUD (:

EDIT: You know what now that I think about it I use sometimes it on heavy crosswinds or if I don’t want to have to go around lol

1 Like

If you can see papi/vasi clearly maybe you can do that in the future. Its bit blury atm.

1 Like

MaxSez: “Fly the Ball!.. Eyeballs are for some aged/cheap/experimental GA VFR in VMC. The FPV (Ball) and “Bullseye” (Horizon Bar) are for IFR in IMC, a Commercial (fare paying) Operator FAR requirement. (see FAR appropriate Parts). G’day Max

3 Likes

Wow! Do you spend most your life in FAA office?!? Good knowledge. Its great to see how you connect technical terms with playful slangs. I suppose that’s how old generation use to talk.

1 Like

@KIND9624… Is it the IF “TBM-930 your talking about. If so, It has synthetic vision with performance-based HUD symbology. Fly the. “Ball” Sir! it’s. 2019 not 1919.
Max Sends.

You guys do know that in the real world, pilots DO use it. Its not something they’d choose not to use and plus it is extremely unrealistic to not use it.

2 Likes

I know the term step on the ball…good to know fly the ball, bullsyes etc.

1 Like

@GatwickGuy MaxSez: Ya gotta walk the walk and talk the talk if your gonna sore with Eagles big guy. Spend some time in a Pilot Lounge or Fighter Bar sometime Good Sir. Your learn Aviators talk with there hands and judge their contemporaries by their tech knowledge BS. I’ve spent aa lot of time in “Fighter Bar’s” LOL.
Regards FriendO, Max

1 Like

Its one of the most useful pieces of information in the cockpit. I dont understand how people will turn it off and stop using it because they think its more “realistic”.

2 Likes

MaxSez: System Dependent. Very few Aviators I’ve known fly by eyeball, FD off; situation/aircraft type depended or their 60+ Captains about to retire showing off to a rookie 1st Officer. “Fly the Ball” plus lotsa hand on today. This is the 21st century. Keep the pace or get out of the race.
Warm Regards, Max

1 Like

MaxSez: First I’ve seen that graphic. It’s a winner and excellent teaching add. With your permission I’d like to use it.
Regards, Max

Anticipate Approval, got it Thanks:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/uploads/short-url/Xzyghp5kNagnBLZNZCwW2g4fW6.jpeg

1 Like

I mainly use FPV when it is a long flight that I leave my phone on over night because I wanna look professional and don’t wanna risk crashing, going past the runway, or going into early with a low altitude. But if its like a short flight racing up to an hour, I don’t use it. For long international flights I’m scared, and I just use it for my own sake. :)

Sorry it was dumb question to ask if fpv and FD integreated. Obviously FD next to A/T arm, FPV on EFIS panel. Saperate system, saperate buttons. Never heard pilot ask for fpv off.

It’s not illegal to use it, go use the tools provided to you

FPV is becoming more and more common on ga aircraft with glass cockpit

2 Likes

I don’t want that because in a live cockpit you have that in the systems.

I think you misunderstood where FPV exists. FPV exists on all glass cockpits. It doesn’t only show on HUD. Only modern jets have hud as standard. Like of 787, A380, unless company choose them as option…that’s why you don’t see many videos about hud on YouTube.

Come on, there isn’t too much stuff you can use in this game, just use whatever you have. Why push yourself so hard? Use it.

1 Like