Do you use APPR?

I am Interesting who use APPR I don’t use it because I like it to land by myself

• Yes I use APPR
  • No I don’t use APPR

0 voters

I have posted I poll under this poll that one is better

3 Likes

Only sometimes, because APPR can get annoying 😂😂

24 Likes

Only when I’m in a car or bus and the landing would be impossible

31 Likes

I do use APPR when there is bad weather or simply when I want to challenge the APPR with 35kts Crosswind! :)

22 Likes

need a “Sometimes or occasionally” option in that poll! I fall under that category too!

8 Likes

I am sorry I can edit the topic because wit is a poll

• Yes I use APPR
  • No I don’t use APPR
  • sometimes I use APPR for exemple when I eat😂

0 voters

3 Likes

I use appr when I am lazy and don’t want to land by myself.

14 Likes

I use APPR when the wind is gusting, visibility is low, or when turbulence is severe(just like London yesterday!). Everything else is manually flown.

4 Likes

I prefer to land manually, but as people have stated above, if I’m in a circumstance where something prevents me from landing ( e.g. Food )I will use APPR. Sometimes I’m just lazy or want to test it aswell.

5 Likes

Only when the weather conditions are really bad and I can’t see the runway.

4 Likes

I’ve had a couple of times that APPR has nearly crashed during a landing with only 5 kt. winds. Other times it does great. I think the B737-700 BBJ APPR is the best in my opinion.

Actually, sometimes that’s the time I would land manually because if the winds are greater than 15 kts. it’s too risky to use APPR. In some cases I’ll use APPR for approach and then disengage it right before touchdown if the weather is bad.

2 Likes

The use of my APPR is when I finish a Long haul flight and at the end of a long haul flight I engage it. Don’t know if that makes sense

1 Like

It is funny. In a poll about who uses the Seat Belts button 90% of voters said they would do just that because it is a matter of realism and it is a sim, not a game after all.

In your poll, almost 70% say they use APPR because they have to eat 😂 while being on final. There you go…

4 Likes

I usually only use it with low visibility. I like fighting through the wind myself.

3 Likes

Sometimes yes and Sometimes no

I use the APPR until about 400-500ft and then turn it off for manual landing.

14 Likes

Manual landing is the best bit!

7 Likes

I use it when I want to admire a livery, which you can’t really do with it on manual flight mode.

2 Likes