Do You Use A Dedicated Device For IF

Do you have your own device that you use for IF? I’m just wondering because I personally have an IPhone 6s that I use for IF and just in general. Having only one decide makes the sim more fun for me because I can’t just fly 15 hour flights all day everyday, (My longest is only 14 hours) I have to think about when I want to land. My long 7-11 hour flights are all overnighters because as a 14 year old teenage boy, it’s hard to be able to stay away from my phone for 14 hours straight although I’m planning on trying Singapore to Newark later this week.

15 Likes

I always use my iPhone 11, iPad Air 2019 and iPad (2018) on MAX graphics, it’s beautiful to fly with!

4 Likes

I use only my iPad (2018, 9.7 inch) for Infinite Flight. I have an iPhone SE, and an iPad.

The iPad just has a better computer, it’s bigger, and the battery isn’t affected by IF. The buttons being so small on the phone just… angers me 😂

3 Likes

My iPad 2017 9.7 inch runs flawlessly.

2 Likes

Same! I use my IPad Pro 9.7 inch (has a home screen button 😁) has absolutely zero lag.

3 Likes

I use my main phone. So sometimes I’ll start a flight, but I can’t finish it for some outside reason.

3 Likes

Now I feel as if I am the only one who uses a phone… @Jrpilot5 we are in the same boat. Lol

6 Likes

@iidvdii do you?😂 because i do. Long haul and GA gang all the way😂🙂

2 Likes

Nope, I’ve got not got one

1 Like

Same lol I have an old phone to use though.

IPad Pro (2018) 11” - runs like a dream

2 Likes

I use both full graphics,

A Samsung Galaxy A40 for flying and very boring controlling.

A Samsung Galaxy Tab A…6? Can’t remember 😂. Use as a rare backup for flying when I neeed my phone #never, and for IFATC controlling airports I believe will be busy, because I just usually have YouTube playing with Infinite Flight on full volume whilst checking up every now and again 😂

I also downloaded one of the oldest versions of IF and have the Space Shuttle on it, but can’t access it since it needs to be downloaded :(

Have just reactivated my old iPad Air 2 and plan on using it solely for IF as I need my other devices for university.

Will see how well that will work!

2 Likes

So I have 4 devices that I use with all of them on full graphics settings excluding the iPhone 4S, here they are:

• iPad 6th Generation, iPadOS 13.2, Infinite Flight version 19.3.7208.33461
  • iPad Mini 2, iOS 12.4.2, Infinite Flight version 16.13.6356.26173
  • iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.2, Infinite Flight version 16.13.6356.26173
  • iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1, Infinite Flight version 16.13.6356.26173

Please Note: The iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 are both compatible with 19.3, I have chosen to downgrade them to the last ever version of pre global, just for reference, I never jail broke the devices, I just simply restored my iPhone 4S’s backup to the iPhone 6 then restored the iPhone 6’s backup onto the iPad Mini 2 and they just naturally downloaded pre global. I use the iPhone 4S, iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 for pre global comparisons and while I’m en route on the iPad 6th Generation.

2 Likes

I use my Samsung A50

1 Like

Heeeck no. I would never spend an extra 300 - 400 dollars just for another device to run Infinite Flight. My Pixel 2 runs it like a charm.

3 Likes

I like to have dedicated devices for IF. That way I can have a flight going while being able to communicate, look at charts, work on projects, bring a phone with me and leave a long haul unattended, etc. Fun way to compare how well devices age as well.

Though according to Seb, I have too many devices…😂

31 Likes

I’ve been dying to fly that route! I’m waiting on the A350 with a Singapore airline livery! And the flight time is around 18hrs I think. I use the 2018 iPad Air for IF.

As a minimalist I only have what I need on my phone and thja I don’t have much so I can easily say that 95% of my phone usage is on IF related stuff.

You could just use the 78X as well