Do you spawn near the closest runway

Title said itself. Do you tend to spawn at the gate used in the real world? Or do you spawn closest to the runway.

I spawn at the gate used in real life.

4 Likes

I always spawn at the gate used IRL, I don’t mind taxiing for a moment at all if the runway is far from the gate.

7 Likes

If you spawn at the closest runway then ATC must send you to the furthest away runway possible. It’s standard protocol.

Jokes aside since we always do our best to send you to the nearest suitable runway.

I personally use Flightradar24 with a gold subscription, so I can replay my flights (pre COVID), and most of the time I’ll be able to find my exact gate, runway, cruise altitudes and speeds etc from the flight replay. If I can’t find a gate in any replay, I’ll sometimes research on the flight, mainly using YouTube as a last resource, legitimately using maps and videos to work out what exact gate was used. 😂

I’m all about realism in game, and will always try to spawn in the correct gate every time.

18 Likes

I try my best to be as realistic as possible… That being said sometimes I’m in a rush to takeoff Sooooo…😁

5 Likes

No. Never.

4 Likes

Nope the one used in rl

2 Likes

The one used IRL - if possible of course.

3 Likes

I am all down for realism but taxiing for 10 mins on the ground, whats fun about that? Hand flying is the real deal. I want to get straight up in the air and sometimes that means getting up quicker…

2 Likes

Option 3 the gate closest to the end of the departure line

3 Likes

I personally prefer the real life ones but here’s a very good tip I got a few months ago. If the airport has only one taxiway, try to spawn as far away (back) as possible from the runway as the line at the holding short point of the runway will not let you push.

3 Likes

To the contrary. For me taxiing is inherent part of the flight and I don’t just want to get up in the air ASAP.

So regardless of IRL gates, I spawn where I find suitable for the type of flight I’m doing, and if I get to choose - I’ll often choose a gate somewhat remote.

3 Likes

I always spawn at the appropriate gate for the type of aircraft I’m flying.

1 Like

Clever. I might use this tip haha

2 Likes

If you spawn as close to the runway as you can, you’re just being lazy.

3 Likes

For the sake of time and lazyness, yes 😂

1 Like

I do that sometimes too! If I don’t feel like it, I find the airlines terminal and pick any gate. When I do this, I spawn near other planes or just random.

1 Like

@thenewpilot footsteps from a distance

1 Like

I tend to spawn far away from the active runways due to traffic racing to the departure que

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.