Do you remember ATC in solo mode?

Like 2 years ago in solo you had the option to turn on ATC. Why was this taken out of the game a d did you guys like it?

10 Likes

It was just background noises. Became quite annoying in my option because it was repetitive. Didn’t serve much purpose.

14 Likes

Yes I remember it would just keep saying…“resume and navigate”

3 Likes

I never remember that until someone reminds me 😂 I don’t really play solo but I rmeber when I did before Live that it was pretty annoying

2 Likes

I agree, it did get annoying after awhile

4 Likes

I don’t remember it, but I’ve played other sims that have it and it’s only the same 3 comms repeated over and over. If it was anything like that, then removing it would be the “feature” in my opinion.

Ohhhhh, I loved that noise. I would sometimes just sit in a 172 at KSAN and listen to it. Ah such good memories!

1 Like

Just go to http://www.liveatc.net if you enjoy listening to ATC. If you’re gonna listen to it, listen to content that’s live and not repeating every two minutes. Just my outlook.

4 Likes

Yeah plus sometimes IRL I will go and just sit in my plane, turn on the avionics and listen to it right there at the airfield.

2 Likes

Same here. Nothing better than being there in person listening and observing. Also when I am near an airport and not actually in a plane, I’ll tune in on my handheld radio. Much better than the background ATC sounds that used to be in IF. They got rid of them for a reason!

1 Like

yes very true

1 Like

Yes you can find old videos that have the old sounds.

1 Like

I miss the old ATC background ambiences back in the days…

Yes, It was nice. I wish we still had it.
It’s like the space shuttle or the solo achievements.
If you have a feature why do you get rid of it?

4 Likes

Because it doesent fit in with what FDS wanted, most planes are high quality and realistic so why keep the unrealistic space shuttle for a flight sim?

1 Like

The battery in your plane must die often then.

I honestly really enjoyed it but they may have taken it out to promote live.

No I have it hooked up to ground power.

Omg yes it was so annoying

I didn’t mind it when I didn’t have live. I used to memories some of it 😂