Do you prefer GA or Commercial in IF?

For me, handling those massive A380s is just a lot more fun than flying a Cessna. Also, the range is a huge factor, I can’t fly OMDB-YMML direct in a Skyhawk!

1 Like

I think more GA aircraft would be great, but I feel as though it would really put a strain on ATC for two reasons that come to mind:

1. With everyone having access to GA aircraft, paying attention to airspace restrictions and such would be far more common in practice/necessary due to the reference above about GA aircraft having a limited altitude ceiling (and not to mention a greatly reduced climb rate).
  2. It’s really the same as the first point I made, but in the case of ATC.

I really don’t like thinking about why thing’s won’t work though, so with how far IF has come thus far, it’s not something that’s totally impractical or insurmountable in the least.

3 Likes

Commercial, joining a virtual airline is where its at

1 Like

Man, I love this post. I myself am a fan of GA aircraft. Love just about anything with a propeller. Hope to see more fans of aviation and not flying straight forever. Hope to see more prop planes.

1 Like

I recently began some flight training. I’ve been obsessed with GA as of late.

1 Like

I prefer GA because others will know I am landing with skill and not auto-approach. Do I expect anyone to care? Of course not. Just want them to know :)

5 Likes

Enough said. That says it all.

2 Likes

Because they know they can’t do the same.

2 Likes

I just want more private jets. Now that the CRJ is out, it would be fairly easy to make the Challenger and the Global Express.

7 Likes

Definitly, GA please
I’m done with commercial…

1 Like

General aviation for sure

3 Likes

Well… I love flying commercial planes in IF. I have not really flew the general aviation planes yet. I might fly them soon though but commercial is my preference :)

1 Like

I do the occasional GA flight, mainly for pattern work. I do how ever stick more with commercial jets…

I’m always flying jets, except for touch and goes, then I’m always flying the C172.

preferably i’d go with both

1 Like

General Aviation only.

1 Like

Definitely commercial, cause I feel like I’m going someplace. When some day down the line (probably not too far at the rates the devs have been going), IF gets more advanced scenery and perhaps 3D features (maybe even third party?) I’ll probably spend some time putting around in the cirrus and such. For now, it’s commercial almost all the way for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.