Do you prefer GA or Commercial in IF?

Hi IFC,

Just a quick question really, Do you prefer flying GA or Commercial in IF or both? But for this question to be fair, lets say the GA Aircraft are the same level of standard as the commercial planes. (So all planes in IF are done to the level of the CRJ, If we can imagine that) Knowing that which one would you prefer to fly?

• I Prefer Flying GA (in IF)
  • I Prefer Flying Commercial (in IF)
  • I Like to Fly Both Equally (in IF)

0 voters

Also i’d like to hear why, because for me, i prefer flying commercial and commercial only really because i think when flying GA you fly low and in IF the scenery is better when your higher up. But that is just my opinion.

Cant wait to hear your views.

9 Likes

The sim right now definitely caters more towards commercial flying for sure. For me it’s just whenever I’m in the mood for. I think hopping in the 172 and doing nice slow pattern and then maybe flying to another field can be just as fun as flying from point A to B in a jet.

8 Likes

I only fly GA unless it’s a group flight or a special occasion. I love flying VFR. :)

8 Likes

See I’m the exact opposite 😂 I only fly commercial unless it’s a special occasion.

5 Likes

Well you’re missing out: :P

3 Likes

I do both. I fly for FVA (w/ @SkyHighGuys) but I also do a ton of GA with @Trio. Even if it’s the C750, GA is really fun, and I think people need to try it more often.

5 Likes

In real life: GA

In IF: Commercial

3 Likes

All depends on how much time I have really. If I’ve got 30 mins then heading out for a while I’ll stick a medium haul on with commercial!

However if I’ve got an hour or two free you can’t beat taking a 208 or similar out for a spin in amazing scenery!!

5 Likes

I prefer GA when doing pattern work or when I want to visit the smaller airports like Martha’s Vineyard for a short 20 minute hop. Then I prefer commercial aircraft for my short to long haul flights and recon flights spying from above.

2 Likes

Well if you do think GA does automatically mean flying at low altitudes you should spend some time researching.

I mean just looked the SR22 wich is already in the game. It is able to fly all the way up to 25.000ft.
Or look at the Citation X wich does belong to the category of GA as well. If I am not wrong it’s able to climb to 51.000ft.

The only problem is the lack of GA aircraft. There are so many nice ones out there and if you do judge them by looking at their service Ceiling for the „better“ scenery, well may you should have a look on aircrafts like the TBM930, Pilatus PC-12, Cirrus SF50… or countless amount of other intresting, unique GA aircrafts wich could never be made as an commercial airliner for example.

8 Likes

general aviation aircraft’s are not as fun to fly and also they don’t do well in 15-higher winds…where as the commercial they are so much easier to control and they can fly in stronger winds and also hold a lot more fuel that’s generally why i fly commercial instead of general aviation aircraft’s.

2 Likes

I used to only do commercial, but now, since I’m working on my Pilot’s Lisence, I fly GA some of the time. I just wish that our GA aircraft were more updated. If they were, I would fly GA so much more.

3 Likes

Well, Thank you for all your comments and views, its interesting to see how people use IF differently.

Kinda a dumb question…

Because it’s Obvious

GA IS THE BEST!!!

8 Likes

MaxSez: Pilots Fly Airliners some consider them push button Trash Haulers. On the other hand GA Driver are Aviator & Aviatrix, they do it in the wild blue, most are members of the Mile High Club. “GA all the way”.

5 Likes

Listen up Ladies and Gentlmen, @Maxmustang knows a thing or two about a thing or two

4 Likes

@Aleks_Hancock. MaxSez: The quote was odviously written by a Trash Hauler. “To be fair he sez”! The quote is a “Double Entendre”. I’m offended. May your AutoPilot Fail on a long Haul,in cruise,as you 💤,
so there!

7 Likes

An FS curse, better watch out @Aleks_Hancock 😉

3 Likes

I didn’t mean it like that 😂 I meant that for a good comparison we have to imagine the planes in IF are all done to the same level.

Also please can you stop the curse, I do long haul a lot 😂 And actually fly GA.

2 Likes

@Aleks_Hancock… MaxSez… Oh Ok. Shazam curse removed. May all your future GA Sorties be Hot S(prejaritive deleted)…

3 Likes