Do You Prefer Flying at Night or Day?

Do you prefer flying at night or during the day?

In this poll, you can decide which part of the day you prefer to fly in. I personally prefer daytime because it’s easier to see, but I’m curious as to everyone’s opinions! Please keep in mind some of these suggestions to maintain a clean thread, thanks!

• Avoid leaving comments that could provoke an argument.
  • Be respectful of other people’s choices.
  • Refrain from saying anything negative towards another person or their decision.
2 Likes

Day as there aren’t taxiway lights for the night 😒

12 Likes

Yes, I have noticed that and feel it is a much needed rework

2 Likes

I prefer to fly during the day. I only fly at night when I take off and land with daylight. The experience of flying at night is something that, for me, the sim needs to improve.

3 Likes

This seems to be a duplicate topic…

3 Likes

I prefer flying during daytime for all the fantastic views (moonlight is nice but daylight is even better in my opinion).

Edit: Probably the duplicate topic should be flagged by @FrankieFremont for closure (thanks to @Edivan_dcds for checking)

3 Likes

Yes, like possibly making taxi and landing lights on the plane show up on the ground to see the taxiways. Especially if taxiway lights aren’t in the cards for a rework.

2 Likes

So your suggesting I close the topic just because someone else created a topic with some similarity in the past? I’m fine with it, I don’t want to make anyone mad, I just want to clarify.

1 Like

Well, that’s also a very good reason to fly during the day, without taking into account the lack of improvement in the night flight experience.

2 Likes

No, I am suggesting to flag the inactive duplicate (if possible next time before creating a new one). You May keep the topic in my opinion, but it’s better to talk to a moderator/ask for closure of similar topics beforehand. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Ohhh, ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the advice👍

2 Likes

No problem, could have written that better, sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

Haha, it’s fine

2 Likes

With moonlight (during full moon) that’s my main reason. But I agree that taxiing can be absolutely difficult with low to none moonlight.

2 Likes

Surprisingly, I’m much more confident at flying during the night now with the 320 series whilst using the live cockpit.

Must be because my eyes are not blinded by the green hud anymore.

1 Like

That’s a very good point. I will always chose the new cockpit if I know I’ll be flying at night.

2 Likes

No taxi lights= no fun

2 Likes

That’s really the case in my experience as well.

2 Likes

Flying at night is not realistic because of enlighten, taxilights, taxiway lights etc.

Day flying until they improve the night lighting.

Hopefully once that is improved, maybe we can introduce a permanent current time for Expert Server 👀