Do you like reading aircraft's manuals?

So the title sums it up.
Do you enjoy reading aircraft’s manuals? Do you think they help you learn a lot of things about an aircraft?
Whenever I want to get into a new aircraft, whether that be in IF or another sim, I have a tendency to print the corresponding manual to read it :P
Also I think this adds a level of realism since afterwards you know the v-speeds etc. What do you think?

PS. (I hope it is not a duplicate, although I checked)

5 Likes

I don’t just read the manuals, I download checklists and general information too!

3 Likes

no. i dont :)

No, because I have a life…

2 Likes

Well, V-speeds are calculated from a lot of factors, so not sure you’ll always have the correct ones though… :) But I sometimes do.

1 Like

Sometimes I do…

1 Like

My rule of thumb: The more realistic, the better. This includes aircraft manuals, charts, realistic flight numbers, etc.

3 Likes

Wow I’m amazed by your responses for far, I though I was one of the few! We are true avigeeks i guess :P

1 Like

@Aviationluver and airport diagrams!

@DipperDolphin well…

That’s included in the “charts” category ;)

3 Likes

So you print 1000’s of pages for each aircraft type you fly? Man that’s dedication.

1 Like

And not very environmentally friendly…

5 Likes

And a waste of the rainforest.

4 Likes

hahahah i do not print the whole manuals geez :P I use the units I’m interested about.

1 Like

Most ironic thing I have heard in my lifetime thanks for the laugh anyways I don’t read aircraft manuals but sometimes look at stats of aircrafts etc

3 Likes

I have a manual for the 747-400. I love it:-)

1 Like

I don’t print the manuals, however I like to read the manual, learn the weights / vspeeds, flap settings as well as some of the technical data that I can use in flying the IF version. I like to make it as realistic as I can, within reason!

1 Like

I like to read the AMM =))

Harsh man

Well it depends on if it is IRL or not. I’ve read the Cessna 150 handbook because that’s IRL and that’s what I fly but in IF it depends:)

2 Likes

i find them more interesting to read then books

1 Like