Do you like old liveries or new liveries?

Some airlines do rebrandings to refresh their view. One recent example is Lufthansa. It depends on the aircraft whether or not I like it,but other people like it. Personally,I like American’s old livery and Southwest’s new livery.
What’s your favorite old or new livery?

• Old liveries
  • New liveries
  • Both

0 voters

I really enjoy old liveries I think they’re just simple!

1 Like

I really like it the old livery ones, because it looks classy and Yes simple :) and many moree

I personally like the new liveries those are more colorful and simple. But there are some airlines seldom change their liveries. Here is an example of Air China.
Old
New

Credit:jetphotos.com
🙄

But I think this livery fits the 747 well

1 Like

I REALLY love old liveries, I really think both Lufthansa and American botched it with the new liveries. I have no idea what they were thinking.

1 Like

New ones because the old ones look old-fashioned. If AA chose not to replace their old livery it looks like an aircraft built in the 70s.

1 Like

It kinda depends to me. For instance I like the Old JAL livery rather than the new one. But for most other airlines, I like the newer liveries as the seem to add more unique design, rather than that same old line through the windows. 🤷‍♂️ Overall it kinda just depends on what your preference is and what the airlines seem fit.

2 Likes

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Southwest’s 2014 Heart Livery. I feel like it is so much better than the Canyon Blue livery.

For American Airlines, I actually prefer the newer livery although the Silverbird looks nice as well.

As for Alaska Airlines, their 2016 livery is just stunning! Way better than their white livery.

I see no difference between the old and new Qantas liveries.

2 Likes

I like delta’s new livery over the old one
I like American new livery over the old one
but i also prefer Air Canadas older livery over the new one so i guess it kind of depends

1 Like

honestly, it depends on the airline. For American, I like both the old and new liveries. Same with Delta and British Airways. Southwest however, I like their new livery 10000% better than their old one. Same with Alaska. Their new livery that was introduced late 2016 is like super nice, and way cooler than the white one they had before.

1 Like

Whaaat? I think American’s new livery is the best one in the skies. But everyone has their own opinions (tomato tomato)

I generally like newer liveries, but imo, Lufthansa and Air Canada really messed up

1 Like

Lmao, I am an old-school man. I just really loved the silver polish it had.

1 Like

I’ve only ever seen the old American livery twice in my life, one was a 737-800 and the other was an MD80. The old livery is nice, but the new one is better.
My favorite retro livery of all time was US Airways initial livery

1 Like

I flew from SFO to JFK this summer, and I had the very awesome experience of flying on one of Americans original 777s with the silver polish. I mean, not as many amenities as these new planes, but just being able to be in one of the original American Airlines planes was cool enough to make up for not having a movie.

I love old liveries, especially the Virgin Atlantic 747-200 that did a direct route here (TGPY)/Grenada from London Gatwick !

1 Like

Honestly for me it depends on the airline

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.