Do you hide the names of other players in IF Live or not? [Poll]

• Yes, I do
  • No, I don’t

0 voters

I hide everything: names, landing aids…etc.
It is not realistic to have red squares in the sky! I know the name of the pilots flying around me with the map. No need to have landing aids, the ILS LOC and GS signals are enough + A320 Autoland in Poor Visibility.

No need to have all this :)

My opinion!

7 Likes

I usually only turn off landing aid since I sometimes like to turn the HUD off and land visual which might get hard not knowing which rwy you’re approaching (checking the map frequently is not an option for me ;)

I turn off everything and I NEVER fly in HUD or cockpit with HUD so I NEVER have maps so the only thing to guide me is my fpl that I make on ground, and ATC. So when I fly: Empty cockpit (although I have the dock bar with instruments) and no names or anything flying around me. I remember once I was flying and all of a sudden a 767 came rushing by my with just a few feet to spare. Anyway I do encourage you to go no HUD and no names because it is a very realistic way to fly.

1 Like

Several aircraft have HUD now. So not entirely unrealistic.

2 Likes

I sometimes hide names but sometimes let them on. It’s too difficult to see aircraft on a small screen and some don’t render until too close.

I fly with airport names, airplane names and dots off. But just like on a real aircraft, I do need my PFD (HUD) and my navigation screens (maps).
I would not be able to fly real world routes and approaches without my primary flight display and navigation screens.

3 Likes

Not only that, but there’s no way to see ILS indicators without an HUD.

Generally, I have everything off except for the HUD, and no yoke on the information bar. Only a little time needed to adjust right at the beginning and makes the experience far more realistic.

When controlling I have a bit more information just for entertainment - players names and airport names. The latter is a quick way to see wind conditions when you first sign in

2 Likes

I do whilst flying.
I enable names while ATCing ;)

1 Like

How is landing without a glide slope and localizer realistic?

1 Like

When I’m flying I only have them on so I can see who is who. I don’t want to get separated from a group event for example…

4 Likes

Might have to give this a go!

i do when i want take screenshoots
i don’t when i want try to catch community users :)

3 Likes

I do my best…

Normally I do, unless in group flights