Do you have to announce that you are on final?

Do you have to announce that you are on final after you already got the landing clearance?

3 Likes

Quite the opposite. It’s frowned upon.

13 Likes

I dont think so- the landing clearance already implies that you are on final.

p.s hi swiss001

Thanks for the anwser.

1 Like

When ATC gives me clearance I follow their instructions. During that period I don’t announce I am on final because I am already cleared to land and ATC knows my position. If there is no ATC I announce final as want planes to know my position so they do not cross my path and give me distance.

4 Likes

My whole life is a lie.

4 Likes

There’s a command that’s called

“You are already cleared to land, avoid unnecessary reports”

Hopefully you get the idea

1 Like

If you were to announce final after clearance, you will most likely get a ”You are already cleared to land, avoid sending unnecessary messages” or similar.

Like @Matthew_Chan said.

2 Likes

Just got that on expert so I was wondering

2 Likes

Do we have to announce that we are on our final approach when a Unicom is in place?

All good.

1 Like

Yes you do in this case, there is no clearance on unicom

Yes. Especially if there’s traffic around you and on the airport.

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Schyllberg for today‘s lesson!

4 Likes

You will find that expert is much more enjoyable than training. Not only is ATC totally professional you will also learn new things from following their instructions.

I think you can find a bunch of information like this in #tutorials as well as Infinite Flights YouTube channel. A format you should know a thing or two about :)

I will definetely watch some more of them. I love mark‘s voice so it‘s even more enjoyable.

10 Likes

He’s like the Bob Ross of IF. Or something like that. Glad we could help. 😉

1 Like

You just ended up on my list of weird people.

Okay, i think we’re done here. :)

14 Likes