Do You Get Used to Engines Sounds Near Airports

Well I guess if you love Aviation the noise doesn’t matter, awesome Tks.

I can imagine

Seeing the A380 fly past but hardly hearing it is cool

Yeah coz the sound kinda comes from me afterwards, right🤔

I saw it landing. It was crazy

I meant the sound comes afterwards

1 Like

You took that picture?

Yes I did. I was shopping with my parents in Arizona. The store happens to be right next to the airport. We pay at the register and as we’re walking to the door I hear what sounds like a loud helicopter and when I walk outside it was crazy. You see 20 people with they’re phones out taking pictures

Wow that’s interesting and exciting at the same time, right.

1 Like

Yea it was cool

All in all I really like the KSNA traffic because with my 63x optical zoom camera I can get some good pics. PM me I you want to see it. The picture of the osprey was all the way zoomed in on my phone so sorry for the bad quality

1 Like

Sure thing will do

1 Like

I live near 2 airports, KHHR and KLAX, I hear planes from both almost all the time. For LAX it’s a couple of miles away but I still hear the sounds of planes’ engines only when they take-off or land, which is almost always. HHR is in walking distance and I would hear the loud engines of the props that would fly over and the sound of jets taking off. It has just been something I’m used to and when I’m somewhere not hearing that noise, I feel weird.

2 Likes

I live under the approach path of CLT, when the planes are at about 6,000 - 5,000 feet, or when they are climbing out for a strait out departure. The noise is fine, because the planes are at a decent height above the ground.

1 Like

I live under a few SIDS and STARs for MSP along with the 35 ILS. For me it’s fine, they fly at something like 5000 feet over me so I don’t really notice.

1 Like

I live near runway 23R at KGSO. It’s not a crazy busy airport but I do see CRJs, ERJs, and A320s take off directly over my neighborhood. But when they land, they fly right over my house at about 1000 or so feet. So yeah I’m pretty used to the sound. It’s actually even louder at night because that’s when all the FedEx and NC National Guard planes land. There’s also a DC-8 that lands there from time to time which is probably the loudest aircraft we hear.

2 Likes

living near an airport and the departure/approach pathes are over my house, just hearing the noise while sitting in my room during approaches I can tell this is the sound of an A380 or 744 or a320 or 777 etc…

during departures the aircrafts usually be at around 2000/2500ft above my house but during approaches they get as low as 1000/900ft

when I was a kid I remember seeing SEPECAT Jaguars flying faster than sound during approach, at first they pass the airport and then do a U-turn to reduce speed and go back to the airport for landing, sometimes they came in groupe, back then I didn’t know anything about mach speed or speed of sound! I didn’t know why those aircrafts fly-pass in silent and then the noise comes split seconds late!

about 15 years ago the airport used to host some old military aircrafts such as the “Nimrod MR2” and SEPECAT Jaguar fighter jet, those aircrafts were so loud I can tell you the 777 GE90 engines are nothing compared to how loud some old aircrafts were in fact the GE90s are really humble.

I still remember that once in a life time moment during my childhood when that SEPECAT Jaguar fighter jet did a low-pass so low above my house that I was able to see the pilot when the aircraft was banking to the left, it took me by a surprise cause I didn’t see it coming and I didn’t hear it approaching probably because the aircraft was flying really fast at low altitude! at first there was nothing and suddenly BOOM here comes a fighter jet out of nowhere! the engine noise had me almost paralyzed and stunned standing in my place while feeling the ground shake below my feet. never forget that moment.

1 Like

DC-8? That’s awesome, wish any aircraft make before 1970 landed at CLT.

1 Like

I live under the approach path for 13L at DFW, where they fly around 3,000 feet above my house. It’s not used 24/7 but when aircraft do land/takeoff from it during the night it helps me sleep.

1 Like

I live near KSTL, 1H0 and KSUS, so seeing airplanes flying over my house is a daily occurrence, and I’m used to it. Back in my country it’s the same story.

1 Like