Do you get bored?

I do a lot of 10+ hour flights and I just sleep from when I’ve reached cruising altitude and then I’ll set an alarm at the time I think I’ll be about 200nm away from my dest.

If I’m doing a day long haul flight I’ll just occupy myself with my tablet or the TV or go out for a few hours!

3 Likes

What I do is Netflix and chill

2 Likes

Before i joined a VA it felt quite boring when im not flying with friends

2 Likes

It’s just pointless. At least real airline pilots have to check for faults, prepare for arrival, chat with the other pilot, we just do our best to forget about it for 90% of the flight, and poof we’re somewhere else. It just damaged your device, and really has no point to me… 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

If it’s less than 6 hours I will use my laptop, watch Netflix or play on my PS4. Anything over 6 hours and I will sleep. Take my 11 hour flight from Zurich to Los Angeles last night. For the first 3 hours I watched Netflix. Then 7 hours of sleep. Then browse internet on my laptop while closely monitoring my flight. The last 30 minutes of the flight is when I have to descend into KLAX.

2 Likes

When I do my regional flights which last anywhere from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours I will just browse on my laptop or do work from home.

1 Like

For long hauls because I’m homeschooled I start my flight around 7:30 in the morning and landing at night. It’s great. For medium to short I just watch YouTube on my other device until I land!

2 Likes

I could last a five hour flight maybe playing the xbox or doing home work or chores, if more then that and its like getting into the am hours, Sleep.

1 Like

I do long hauls over night so when I wake up it’s time to land 🤣👊🏼 Which is the fun part

I dont do 9 hours because leave at 1pm and arrive at 10pm.

1 Like

I just got done with a 10+ hour flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco here’s some pics (if u don’t want me to post this on your thread I will kindly delete it 👊🏼)

4 Likes

When I do flights, I just plug in my tablet, grind on other games or sleep, then come back and land.

1 Like

To be fair, I do avoid like 5-8 hour flights, because they are the kinda odd ones to do either really late at night, or depart early morning. But to awnser your question, yes I have got bored doing these sorts of flights, however if you have second device or console/PC it can be better.

I tend to go for 10-12 hour long hauls, so I can actually sleep.

1 Like

It depends, today i am flying Flight UJ6661 (AlMasria Universal Flight from Hurghada to Bremen with the A330 because it is the only A330 flight that servs my hometown airport. I am in the Air for around 2,5 Hours and i had been doing some work at home (repairing light etc because winter is coming) and i had been Planespotting in EDDW, now i only have to do some other stuff at home fpr the next hour and then i can start to decend

(https://www.liveflightapp.com/?f=1a5b5eb4-24cb-490d-b0e7-59b40481715a&s=7e5dcd44-1fb5-49cc-bc2c-a9aab1f6a856)

1 Like

CMaxSez: Long Hauls in a heavy automated IF Trash Hauler is the most boring experience I’ve ever experienced! Reading some of the future IF upgrades I’ve noted here I’m getting concerned for a more boring IF experience. Automated “Holding Patterns”, IFATC ability to Take Command of violator’s flights and so forth. At this pace I expect a hand’s off IF experience soonest. I suspect that eventually the following automated announcement will occur on every launch:

As you buckle up pre- takeoff of the fully future automated IF aircraft into automated airspace we’ll hear the soothing, reassuring voice of the Droid machine controller say;
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your automatic pilot. In my modern and carefully tested system an error is absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible, loud buzzing sound then …Mayday Mayday Mayday.>> “ Then System Crash” … Just Sayin MadMax

(Info: @Trio…Pass it on… LOL)

8 Likes

Plan Plan Plan. How can you improve your flight? Figure out a ways to cut time or reduce fuel usage. out your arrival and check weather along your route and at the destination. Of course, this is assuming you actually care about these things. You could also just go about with your life if you want lol.

2 Likes

Things to do:

• Check winds along the route, Windy.com. Adjust altitude if needed.
  • Check Live Flight App. Any IFC people in the air?
  • Check/adjust your trim setting
  • Read and contribute on IFC
  • Take screenshots of your flight
  • Prepare arrival, read charts/plates. Go around procedures.
  • Check FR24
  • Listen to Live ATC
  • Monitor ETE/Fuel remaining
  • Monitor N1
  • Make a plan if you need to divert
1 Like

the only problem, i had been to late in between, i started descending around Leipzig (EDDP) but i had been to high above Hannover, it will be close or a go around

that is the only risk when ur tablet is alone ;o

1 Like

Get in a XCub, take out a VFR chart, and follow a highway or river or something. VFR is where it’s at. @Kaj can attest. Cruise at 1500ft, you’ll never miss your descent @TYTY.

1 Like

Yea, pretty fun! You can’t get bored doing that

1 Like