Do you get bored?

I was asking myself how do you not get bored on long haul flights while we set plane on Autopilot and there is nothing to do anymore only to wait…

5 Likes

We turn it into an overnight and sleep. Not boring.

39 Likes

But if the flight was 5 hours you will only sleep 5 hours ?

2 Likes

We proceed to cover other things in our life.

27 Likes

Yep if I’m doing a 5 hour flight or something I usually depart while waiting to collect the kids from school and time it so I’m landing once they are in bed, inbetween I put my phone aside and get on with life, anything longer its usually overnight and I sleep the time away :)

6 Likes

Usually, 6+ Hours, just sleep. Take a nap.

Time Left<6 Hours, Binge Watch Netflix.

5 Likes

Only do long hauls over night or when at work, leave iPad unattended wake up or get home just in time to land 👌

4 Likes

Depending on the length of flight either sleep or watch TV or do houework

1 Like

for the lucky people who have more than one device, they can fly on one while using the other for other purposes.

i only have one iphone, so whenever i fly long haul, it’s either overnight, doing my homework or making videos for youtube.

5 Likes

I usually listen to music, make my homework, fly in X-Plane or read a book during my flights. Sometimes i just enjoy the nice scenery during the flight

3 Likes

When i do 7+ hours , its my chance to do anything without my device on my hand. As a People who like Drawings and Music, i will do that twice things during the flight

4 Likes

There two types of ‘long’ haul flights:

• the ones you plan around a good night sleep, a day at school or work, stuff like that. You feel you have infinity time to go relax and, for a little while, you can even forget you are flying because you’re out with your mates in the pub.
  • the not so long hauls, where you sit and wait but you can’t be too far away, because before you know it, you need to start your descent and then you reach Approach’s airspace and you need to start following instructions and oh my gosh, it gets difficult.

My biggest problem is that I timed my long haul wrong, and I find out 9 hours into the flight, that I can’t land the aircraft, because I need to be at work then…

9 Likes

read my post again. i did not say that i would play Infinite Flight on the other device

3 Likes

I love doing LongHaul flights but the flight time depends i love trans atlantic but i also love to fly from OSL–> BKK(just to refule)–>YSSY(sydney)

1 Like

Usually I just watch TV or play Xbox. Or chores. Anything really.

2 Likes

I suppose, long haul flights are very good for sleeping, working for exams, workouts, watching Tv programs, cinemas or Champions League, cooking dinner etc. I don’t think people focus on screen for 5-6 or more hours.

1 Like

Man you guys are all lightweights… Surely you don’t go and pursue other interesting things in your life when you could sit watching your screen for 5+ hours?

It’s not just me… Right?

2 Likes

This is a good question. I only do 150 to 350 Nm trip.

We have a big world out there. Our faces don’t always have to be in front of screens

Or do this

2 Likes

It can be somewhat of a boring experience if your on your own and not part of a va/vo. When you’re part of a va/vo you can talk to others aswell share pictures etc…

1 Like