Do you do a immediate turn after takeoff ?

Taking off from the taxiway? I thought it was when you take off from a runway that intersects with another (say KSFO).

I was at Heathrow to pick up a relative and saw many jets turn right after taking off. Looked pretty cool.

Not from the taxiway, but entering the runway from a taxiway midway down the runway.

So for example:

If you’re taking off from 12R, entering the runway from taxiway Charlie would be full-length.

If you were in a Cessna or something and entered the runway at Quebec or November, that would be an intersection departure.

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with taxiway midway down the runway.

That covers intersecting runways, not intersecting departures. They’re two different things.

@Alex_Kraz_2 you have to keep in mind that in the FR24 map their turn may be 10-20 miles after taking off. The point is that they are not crossing over in front of the parallel runway. But it is very common.

Take for example my favorite JASPA5 SID out of KDFW. Upon take off they make a slight turn ro hit GVINE or MECHL.

There are take off notes for the initial climb out that state for runway 36R

Climb heading 356 to intercept course 338 to GVINE, then on course 262 to cross KMART at or above 550 and at or below 240 kt, then on depicted route to JASPA

I personally love turning after take off as it does help the realism. I just don’t make a hard 90 degree turn or cross over other runways while doing it.

1 Like

But it specifically says intersecting runway departures.

Does ATC IRL usually stagger departures when this happens? I’ve always wondered if that’s how it works, when 2 parallels on a SID intersect at 1 waypoint.

This is one of the greatest comments I’ve ever read . Thank you Mr. Tim B

I would think so. At least at Dallas if you are on the east runways you are using the east route. Very rarely do they cross the neutral zone between runways during busy times of the day.

Runways. It’s there in the title- “intersecting runways.”

“Intersecting Runway Departures” I’m not trying to argue with you but it clearly states, I don’t know how much more clear I can make it?

If you’re not trying to argue, then why are you?

It’s in the title. They’re two different things, as @JoshFly8 said.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I cannot make it any clearer so I’m just going to stop talking about this, end of discussion.

I think the term you’re looking for is intersection departures.

I’m not sure what intersecting runway departures are.

When I’m departing out of an airport, I do not turn straight away I typically maintain runway heading for a couple of seconds and when I reach 2,000 MSL that’s when I turn left or right.

When your departing Dallas where there are intersecting runways, you usually want to make a straight out departure, cause at any moment you might be doing a parrel takeoff. And its always good to give yourself and the other pilot space after departure.

1 Like

What if you’re departing out of an airport like MMMX or HAAB😬

1 Like

I try to use the departure procedures for that airport and runway. Otherwise, I use straight out departures.

2 Likes