Do you always depart from your last landing?

How many people here start exactly from where they landed from? Do you begin a new journey somewhere else? Or do you keep continuing destination to destination? I try my best to keep it rolling from my last point of orientation and or landing .

10 Likes

If I am doing flights for my virtual airline then yes! For example, i will fly KCLT - KBTR then land, and then fly from KBTR - KCLT. I fly for American Airlines virtual, and a decent amount of my flights are on the CR2/CR7

7 Likes

I fly with United Virtual Airlines so I always start back from the last airport I landed at and continue from where I left off. It gives the game a little more realistic feeling.

3 Likes

I agree I love the tour so to speak I’m not virtual or fly virtual but I always generally like to fly out of the hub I last landed

1 Like

If I have time I will do that kind of flight for example, tonight I have had plenty of extra time so I am doing

KLAS-KSNA
KSNA-KPHX
KPHX-KELP

All in the Southwest 737-700

I do love the realism it adds!

3 Likes

Yes it makes a great realistic feel . Unless for instance there is an update or a crash , I try as close as I can to keep it going

2 Likes

Yeah I always start where I last finished. I like to explore different countries and areas so I’ll do a long haul to one of the bigger cities and then fly to some of the smaller places in that area for some great scenery. Probably my favorite so far was flying into Bora Bora

1 Like

Bora Bora , never bored with that locale

1 Like

I’ve did that from day 1 of global till January this year. I started in my home town and flew around like that till my last flight which was an hour short of Los Angeles when the game crashed.

1 Like

When I do fly, I do it for UVAL, so yes I continue from where I left off.

4 Likes

Awesome I’m glad I’m not the only one . I assume there are some people that like to cut out and join an event or so too especially if it’s flash flight

1 Like

I’ve been doing this ever since I started IF.

If I’m in multiple VAs, I use a Spreadsheet to keep track of where I am (ICAO) and what gate assignment and sometimes have to skip around the globe to fly specific routes exclusively to those VAs. Since I have to go to school, I plan out how to utilize Sat and Sun’s time to maintain my activity.

1 Like

I probably take it a little too far… I create a “flight schedule” every Sunday (when the new ATC schedule comes out) and then make sure that every departure airport matches the previous flight’s arrival airport. Of course, I always position myself to be able to participate in FNF every week :)

3 Likes

Very impressed I have to say , it can be a challenge when things come up unexpectedly but good to see your organization keep it up

Then again, I’m very dedicated to IF…

2 Likes

Very honest there and you keep it close , this is what it’s about and some like to keep it going from last destination and some may skip . It’s all about the experience either way in my book. Be cool, be safe, responsible and have fun

1 Like

Nice dude!

Most of the time it’s impossible for me to fly to airports with IFATC activity, but sometimes I do, and I start and end flights there,

FNFs are also out of my reach because they end too early for me. Anyway, if they’re within the reach of the current airport I’m in (and it’s not too close to the FNF airport), then I fly there.

1 Like

I know @BigBert10 does 🤗

3 Likes

Only if it’s from San Jose 😀

1 Like

I do it for SWV, not really in any other particular way.

2 Likes