Do the Milk Run!

God Formiddag/Ettermiddag/Kveld

This week, the Friday Night Flight takes place in Nortern Norway!

That is why I’d like to present to you, the milk run going the coast of Northern Norway, 9 unique small towns and 11 fantastic airports in a 3 and a half hour adventure by the coast, 69° to 71° degrees North.

This flight is known as WF932, and flies between Tromsø and Kirkenes, with stops in Sørkjosen, Hammerfest, Honningsvåg, Mehamn, Berlevåg, Båtsfjord, Vardø, Vadsø and Kirkenes, sometimes Hasvik as well. Much terrain and bad weather is what’s done this route really challenging, crosswinds, steep approaches and fog are some of the factors.

Taking the milk run is incredibly fun, as I’ve taken it myself, but I’m not the only one, Noel Philips have created a video about it, and I really recommend you watching it if you want to learn more about this route.

I’d also Iike if you checked out Project Scandinavia to watch the airport editors fantastic work in this region!

Flight Time: 3h30m-4h

Recommended Aircraft: TBM930, C208

Server: Any

Flight plan: ENTC TC406 TC605 XEGRO D073E PAXLO DIBDI HTK ENSR EMKAV ERPUG ULSUP HK501 ENHK HK500 IDMET INSEN CL04 ENHF DER04 HF501 D081J REVSO 7125E ENHV 7127E MH400 ENMH D169C MH504 BV502 BV500 ENBV BV404 BV402 MA21 ENBS FQ03 SS804 SS800 ENSS D164G GAMKI ERSAT D322R CL07 VD407 ENVD MQ25 VD506 7030E VD512 EKVAD KR403 D287A ENKR

Hope you enjoy your flight!
A big thanks to @Claudio for taking the screenshots!

26 Likes

Are you trying to plan like a group flight? or an event that will do this flight?

No, it’s a presentation of the flight, corresponding to the fnf tomorrow

1 Like

Finally something interesting, thanks a lot!

4 Likes

oh I see, ok

And I thought the Alaska Milk Run was long. Oh dear I might actually try it out

1 Like

@Danman your idea has been stolen

I would say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

As a fan of milk runs, I’m always supportive of efforts to make them better known within the community. I don’t mind a little stealing if we are able to get more people flying them.

3 Likes

fix that to “like” and love it!

1 Like

I’ll probably be doing this. Probably with the Q400 since that’s the same family as what’s used IRL 😂

2 Likes

@Jens_Severin MaxSez; Takk skal du ha…Jens!
Great Plan I’ll do it in a Wideroe or Air Baltic ( prettier paint job) in a Dash-8. I’ll add Trondheim (ENVA) (which I know well) to the mix.
G’day Max

2 Likes

Unrealistic, but FACTS!!

1 Like

@Tsumia. MaxSez: Always best to have A highly visible tail appendage in this region. MaxKnows…

2 Likes

Max is smart ;)

anyway, i probably wont do it as i’ve other stuff to do :(
but maybe if i can catch some free time

1 Like

Nice route! Done this many times IRL in the baby Dash. I’ve also simulated it in IF with realistic procedures. Recommended.
Edit: Approach to ENHV is fun

4 Likes

@alaskavirtualairline You gonna take them laying down?

1 Like

Loved the experience, even if the entire country is flat. Loved seeing the sun setting so slowly, almost as if it was stuck still!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.