Do pilots contact approach frequency from depature airport

I’m not sure if it’s the right way but should I contact approach frequency of the airport I’m departing from and request RV or ask them to vector me to my destination, say if there’s no controller on the departure frequency and there’re only ground, tower and approach available?

1 Like

Hello

If there is no departure frequency only contact the approach frequency If the tower advised you or the approach controller gives you the on guard warning(in active airspace). If tower says frequency change approved without advising to tune into another frequency there is no need to contact the approach controller.

Also the approach or departure frequency from the departure airport aren’t going to vector you all the way to your destination they would most likely tell you to proceed on course basically meaning follow your flight plan departure is basically there vector you away from the airport and out of arriving/departing traffic

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.