Do Not Turn message in Progressive Taxi

You’d tell the aircraft to the left to give way or hold position, simple. Then, at a four way intersection, the priority aircraft can choose a direction. And, if that aircraft turns into the other…well that’s just plain unawareness.

2 Likes

Ah I see, well isn’t that more of a common sense thing? The manual states to not fly the aircraft for the pilot. I do understand where you are coming from but unfortunately it is a common sense issue if a pilots just decides to turn on a taxiway with traffic going the other way, especially with the taxiway map.

But then what if the other aircraft turns into the the aircraft which is giving way. I know you will say they deserver a vacation on training server but we have many new pilots so we can just use this command for more control nothing else.

New pilots are expected to read the user guide for the best experience.

New pilots should be reading up before entering expert. If they don’t, well, they’ll suffer the consequences.

I understand it’s comman sense but sometimes it happens and then we have to report them. So this is my suggestion. Anyways no worries!!

Besides, you don’t need book smarts to turn into others; it’s common sense not to turn into someone else and cause a traffic jam. Just like it’s common sense not to drive on the wrong side of the road.

What do both share in common? If you taxi through someone, you’re reported. If you drive on the wrong side of the road, you’ll either crash, or you’ll be arrested. Take your pick.

1 Like

Reporting is an educational tool in my opinion. Not just a way to get rid of an issue for the controller. It gives the pilot a chance to reflect why they received it and how to not receive that violation again.

2 Likes

I am personally not going to vote for this as I think the message “give way to aircraft…” already takes care of the issue. and if you cannot figure out that you should not turn when given that command then I do not think you should be on the expert server.

“Do not turn X” is not really a useful command. You’d simply send a “give way to the aircraft on your right” and they can make up their mind what direction they need to go to. If you need to control where they need to go you’d send “turn left next taxiway” or “continue straight ahead”.

Votes for a feature request for more advanced ground instructions (taxi via X, X, X, to gate C12) where we assign gates and/or gates are requested by the aircraft would be more interesting.

Or something similar to those two requests.

1 Like

Yeah I also completely agree. It’s completely unnecessary, and would never be a real life given instruction.

Thanks @Trio , i agree with what you said. I am in complete favour of the drag and taxi command because it might add more fun for ground controllers while also making the paths clear for the pilots to taxi.

Continue straight ahead = Do not turn
Do not turn = continue straight ahead

This is just a tautology really as much as I don’t want to come off as rude. I appreciate the work you’ve put in this request though 😄

I think that the drag and taxi feature would be better, but idk.

I myself am in favou of drag and taxi feature.