Do long-haul flights even still work?

In the past 2 weeks, I have tried 2 long-haul flights. All goes well until I reach my cruising altitude. The plane rotates nearly vertically, and starts to stall. Nothing I can do, the plane just crashes but I obv. leave the flight before that happens. Why does this happen? I simply cannot fly long-haul anymore.

Aircraft: b777 200F and a380
Cruise Height: FL040 with b777 and FL036 with a380
Speed: M0.77
Did not leave the device
Weight: just below MTOW

What aircraft?

It depends on aircraft type and loading weight. To avoid stall you can set speed (above FL280) from M 0.75 to M 0.85.

First time it was the a380, second b777 200F

I was flying m0.77 so perfect I think. Thats what confuses me, I don’t see what I am doing wrong

1 Like

We need way more details.

• Aircraft
  • Cruise Height
  • Speed Set
  • When do you leave the device
  • Weight/Loading including fuel

How do you know the aircraft rotates nearly vertically if you’re not with the device?

2 Likes

What altitude you were flying at? What VS?

Both of those aircraft have much higher cruise speeds. What height did you climb to and what was the weight loading?

Aircraft: b777 200F and a380
Cruise Height: FL040 with b777 and FL036 with a380
Speed: M0.77
Did not leave the device
Weight: just below MTOW

You do a step climb?

Cruising altitude was FL040, VS 1200ft/min
Also, I used a SID for departure, so i climbed per way point if that makes sense, so a relatively slow departure and climb to FL040

Nope, VS 1200ft/min

4000ft was your cruise level? Really?

Think I found the problem, with high altitude you want to climb to a certain alt, stay there and climb high

40.000 feet not 4000

1 Like

Thats kind of what I did, using SID departing RW25 out of KDEN, I climbed Fl010 to MUGBE, FL014 to RINKR, FL020 to BRYCC, and then own navigation towards EDDF climbing Fl040

Still need take your time. Right now I’m heading to South America, my cruising is going be FL370 today, but I’m at FL350 right now, after we a while we climb to FL360 and then finally FL370 (according to our Flight Plan)

At this altitude, your plane (or more precisely, the autopilot) will swing the plane (the vertical speed usually in such cases ranges from -400 to +400 and the autopilot tries to normalize it, thereby swinging the plane more and more.) In the end, this leads to a stall.

I suggest you try to fly on FL320-360

Yes but thats what I did too you know? At no point was my VS more than 1200 ft/min

Ok so the altitude was the issue?