Do Hubs affect ticket prices?

As the title says if you are flying on an airline that has a hub at the airport that you’re flying out of will the tickets be priced differently? I want to assume the price would be lower since there is a higher demand for them but I know that could be completely irrelevant so someone please enlighten me. Or at least give your opinion.

2 Likes

No, it depends on the route

1 Like

I don’t really know maybe the airport tax are different.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yes, it does have a bearing on prices. Other airlines will charge less and the home airline will usually charge more.

3 Likes

1 Like

They do, pick Germany as an example

Flying into EDDF is much more expensive than flying into EDDT for example…
That’s because of a landing and parking “toll”.
And EDDF is more expensive…

3 Likes

Those are just some of the things that affect prices. Flights from different airports to the same destination and with the same airline, are charged differently even if the airport is from the same area. Mostly, flights from international airports costs more.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes. The hubs cost more because they are usually bigger, the bigger, the more tax, the more money airlines then have to pay!

1 Like

AFFECT not effect

1 Like

Thank you grammar police.

1 Like

Your welcome civilian. Take care and Drive safe. -give him back his liscence-

1 Like

In all seriousness I want to thank you all for your input. I feel enlightened now. Glad there’s such a wealth of knowledge here on the forum!

1 Like

Gold star for the quickwitted comeback lol

1 Like

Thanksss lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.