Do any airliners regularly fly over your house?

I like to think that I’m pretty lucky because probably well over 100 aircraft a day fly over my house. I live 45 min NW of PHL but never see any flights in or out of the city. Flights from EWR, JFK, and LGA flying south all fly over my house at about 20k feet and climbing. Also every flight landing at DCA, IAD or BWI are descending at around 15k feet when they fly over my house. I also see wide-body jets flying from Europe to the D.C. Area, ATL, CLT and many other places. Lastly, to my Far East I can see planes around 8k feet Approaching EWR and almost right above me smaller private jets fly over at 5k feet going to TEB. I see everything from an AA CRJ-200 to a SWA 737 to a Lufthansa A350 or Emirates A380 on a given day. What planes fly over your house?

5 Likes

Probably about 7-10 737s a day. We are in the short final range. Sadly, we only get 737s.

We do get quite a few props though. Lots of GA traffic.

1 Like

Yes EWR all the traffic flies over my house

2 Likes

I literally live under Toronto’s busiest Approach and Departure route. So I get everything from the Saab 340 to the LH A350s and 747s

1 Like

I live live under more than 5 flight paths to and from YSSY and so I see many airlines flying over everyday from REX SAAB 340s to Qantas, Emirates, Singapore airlines, Qatar, Etihad and China A380s. I’d say roughly 10 per hour to 30 per hour (during peak times) from 0545 until 2320.

2 Likes

Sometimes you see aircrafts like 717, 737, CRJ’s…

Sometimes GA

But most of the time they’re helicopters. They are very annoying.

1 Like

Living in the suburbs of the Minnesota metro area, MSP being Delta’s second largest hub makes the sky very busy, along with that all the TATLS from Europe to the west coast cross over MN using the airways we have here.

2 Likes

I’m in the Runway 34 approach path at Richmond. Usually there is generally A320s flying over. Once a day now, we get a Delta 757 from Atlanta. 🤗

1 Like

Yes. Every day. All day.

1 Like

Considering that I live under the approach path of KHIO (Hillsboro, OR) I hear private jets and props almost everyday.

1 Like

Yes! PANC departure procedures on all runways come over my house. By the time the planes come over, they’re usually around 10,000 or 11,000 feet. I am so lucky!

2 Likes

Yes they do because I’m over the approach path , I see a lot of them at night it’s like a line of planes . 👍🏽

1 Like

I live close to JFK so I hear departures from 31L and Arrivals on 13L (runway’s closed). We get types like the CRJ-200s to the A380. Literally every plane comes to JFK. LGA departures come by pretty often but it’s sometimes rare to see them. Also I live right under the approach path to BOS so I see many aircraft from the South descending, sometimes leaving contrails. Transatlantic flights also fly overhead to IAD, ATL, CLT, MIA, etc.

1 Like

I live 45min NE of Philadelphia right near the border of Pennsylvania/New Jersey on the other side of Trenton. Sometimes I see Frontier A319/A320’s taking off and landing at Trenton Mercer Airport. Otherwise, I usually see a line of planes behind each other at 10,000 aft above my house making their way to EWR

1 Like

I live under an approach path for KCLT, we have a lot of aircraft fly over the suburbs here.
But my school… We have an A350 regularly fly over, a few 777s and a truckload of A320s. I learned to identify an A320 from a 737 by the sound. Once, a 737 was at about 1,000 feet, rare for that location, normally they’re at 2,000 feet over my school.

1 Like

All the time, I live on a approach path into KFLL and MIA so I see all the smaller planes going into KFLL going right over me (usually A320’s, 737’s etc). Also, (depending on the day, when they takeoff they will go right over me.) Also if I look out to the ocean I can see some big planes going into MIA like 747’s.

So basically I have a full planespotting area in my backyard… AWSOME!!! lol

3 Likes

I live only a few kms from igi airport 8n delhi which is one of the busiest airports. Also my house is perfectly lined with runway 29 approach and thus provides a variety of planes to spot

2 Likes

@Suhas this was made for you

1 Like

Yes but depends on which approach pattern they are using at kiad

2 Likes

I live about 6 miles south of KBOS so I frequently get air traffic all around. Just depends on the runway configurations being used. The best times are when the 4s are being used for landings and 27 for departures. Most of those flights pretty much fly over my house at low altitudes. When the BA 772 departs from 27 in the early morning, it almost always wakes me up.

Being in Boston, there’s also many transatlantic flights flying above the city. Most times they’re headed to JFK or Newark.

2 Likes