Do Advanced ATC know where they'll control?

If you remember, a few weeks ago I had two failed attempts at a long flight. The first time I couldn’t keep my promise because somehow I’d lost standing, but decided that with the new update I should wait a week. The second time, I wanted to tour a busy Singapore & Kuala Lumpur region, but when I wanted to do it, the controllers had switched to SoCal. Also I want to do a flight in the Caribbean region, but I’ve never found it busy. I’d like to know, because Saturday around 11Z I’d like to do a three-four hour tour for people to hop on and off at, and it won’t be possible unless I know what regions are available. Otherwise I can always do it on PG, where I know 24/7 SoCal is the busiest. Also I’d just like to know.

1 Like

It’s completely random what region we will control.

2 Likes

My guess is London.

1 Like

You’re wrong. We choose wherever we want. We need to have some “variety”

2 Likes

You can ask a member of ATC if they are willing to open the region you host your event. There is no guarantee but people are quite accomodating most of the time. In fact, it’s a win win situation. Pilots love ATCs and ATCs love pilots cough

2 Likes

I can predict where I’m going to control 100% of the time.

I just control where the most planes are flying at the time.

What Carson said ☝️

I mostly say stay in one region, and then we open mostly the region with the most planes.