Diverting from course due to

There should be a message players can send to ATC:

“Diverting from course due to obstacle ahead”
“Diverting from course due to unforseen circumstances”

Then, they can send something back after they are able to go back on course:

“Ready for (vectors/flight following/approach etc)”

Sometimes altitudes and headings given can send players straight into a mountain, especially when visibility is poor. This can also help to inform the ATC what is the aircraft is doing if the plane strays from the given directions

36 Likes

My plane was vectored until it pretty close to the Mountain earlier (It’s understandable due to poor visibility though), I think this is a good idea!

6 Likes

I like this idea could be abused though

10 Likes

There’s always the very polite
"Please follow instructions"
if they should find them abusing it ;)

6 Likes

I would always love to have a reason why I’m diverting. I say go go on this.

8 Likes

I was thinking exactly this yesterday, it would be cool to also show something like “DIVERTED” on the flight that was diverted and ATC could see it. But in TS1 it would just be like 50 Diverts in an estimated time of 3 minutes…I like this though.

4 Likes

No way in hell.

2 Likes

It could work on expert

4 Likes

I like the idea of this, although approach has access to the “expect deviation from flight plan” command.

3 Likes

It’s actually a good idea. Let the guy speak.

3 Likes

I love this idea. Hope it can become available sometime

4 Likes

Or you could just say unable when approach vectors younl into a mountain… Oh well

1 Like

You may have acknowledged the ATC’s request earlier, but as mentioned above you cant really see what’s in the way. This command is for after you acknowledged the ATC then realise youre about to crash into a mountain just 1 km in front.

1 Like

good idea, maybe only available to grade 3 and above.

2 Likes

I also think we could add commands that include winds. In real life if the winds are below 5kts they will say winds calm but if not they’ll say 5kts bearing 144 degrees. In IF you can only clear someone to land I think this would be improved if the weather was a command you just pressed along with the clearance for more realism. This is the same case with clearing someone to land!

1 Like

Would have great use one day.

3 Likes

@AR_AR is a known professional troll that resides on the IF forum, preying off unexepcting visitors so that he can use them as forced labor on board his UFO

2 Likes

I sort of know…lol

1 Like

So you must be his sidekick??? 😧

2 Likes

Oh, and you can eventually add
"Diverting from course due to traffic"
when TCAS is added :D

1 Like