Diversion Virgin76

I need help! I am now on route to. EGCC from KMCO. I have 6:38mins left of fuel. Which im not sure if will last me for the approach. I am currently climbing up to 38,000ft. What do I do? Can anyone tell me how to plan a diversion airport just incase. I am on training server.

Callsign: Virgin76

1 Like

What is your current location?

1 Like

I’m in Jacksonville airspace

1 Like

He’s off the coast of Florida, heading North.

2 Likes

looks like you’ll be fine from where you are

1 Like

Don’t climb up to FL380 since you are heavy right now. Also, it will show you will have less fuel then you actually have. That is because it is estimating the fuel remaining if you keep your power the same throughout the flight (which isn’t the case). Once you get to cruise (assuming you packed enough fuel back in Orlando), you should have enough fuel. If you need to divert, you certainly got a few good options before you hit the Atlantic Ocean. Here are a few good airports I’d recommend diverting too: Atlanta (KATL), Washington DC (KIAD), New York City (KJFK), Newark, (KEWR), Charlotte (KCLT), and Boston (KBOS). Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I had a massive drop in altitude from stalling. Managed to pick the aircraft up! I am still on route! At 34,000ft

Personal recommendation, you always have the Azores

You are likely too heavy to climb all the way up to FL380. Step climb as it helps preserve fuel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.