Diversified ATC

Not sure if it fits in the ATC section, or feature request section.

I think there is a problem going on with the activity of some regions on Infinite Flight lately.

Ever realize that when there is at least 20 pilots on a certain region in IF, the ATC pops up out of nowhere? Then the region starts getting busy, with more pilots realizing that the region has ATC. I keep seeing the same regions on Advanced being used - SoCal, Caribbean, Hawaii, and Singapore. You can’t tell me that those are not the most active regions on Advanced, I know they are.

And then there’s the most active official FDS event regions - Denver, Seattle and Hawaii. I don’t see events being held at New York, Chicago or Paris…

And of course, there’s the people who bad-talk the regions. They’ll say a region is bad just because nobody uses it. All regions have their good sides, which will be shown if they were more active.

Like seriously, you’re telling me Paris isn’t a great region? LFPG is one of the best looking airports I’ve seen in the sim so far! Not to mention, Paris’ scenery is great! Yet, the region isn’t even used as much as Denver.

The diversity of ATC among different regions has to be changed. It would be nice if ATC operations weren’t based on how active the region is AT THE MOMENT. I think ATC should try to open in regions that aren’t used as much, just to shine some light on them. Be honest, what are the chances of seeing more than 30 people in a region if it doesn’t have ATC? This isn’t only a matter of making a region more active just because one person wants that to happen. It’s a matter of business! Make people want to buy the region!

Come on, you guys are amazing Air Traffic Controllers. Just try it out for once in a region that isn’t used as much as the others. See what happens. And I bet, it’ll be a great outcome. :)

7 Likes

LFPG open on Advanced ;) Come fly!

5 Likes

I see. Thanks for trying man. :)

I’m on right now.

2 Likes

I’ll join just to support @FlyFi

2 Likes

Thanks nat! :)

1 Like

Still going almost got ghosted. So many atc leaving and rejoining 😬😬 forget to keep reminding them of my intentions

2 Likes

This is what one Air Traffic Controller, and one pilot can do. No, there weren’t LOTS of people, but that’s because barely anybody was online. Now if this happened more often, there would be no complaints about regions being too in-active. Thanks to all ATC that came!

3 Likes

Ah hello? You forgot Sydney 😭

Oh yeah! You’re right. :)

When I was checking which airport to go to, I saw there was Sydney ATC. I went to Kiltmchaggis.com to check where to park, and when I came back the ATC was gone. So I just went to Paris. Lmao

If that was you there, then I’m sorry. :P

1 Like

Your welcome 👍🏻🙋🏼

1 Like

You’re the person I was going to tag. I was Transavia 3 45, if you remember me. Lol

Nice job on Tower!

1 Like

I agree with your observations @FlyFi . Some regions are under-utilized. Infact I opened Paris last week around the same time after noticing that we hadn’t opened it in a while. But also to notice is the fact that some regions just arnt as popular as the others. Its been 3 hours since we opened Paris, but the traffic is still slowly trickling in (almost dead infact). Had it been Hawaii or Singapore, we’d have been overwhelmed with the traffic already.

1 Like

Well, I think that’s because it’s late at night. I realize that the peak time for pilots to log on is around 2 - 5 PM EDT.

We try and open every region once in a while but it doesn’t always workout. Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.