Distance

This may be a silly question so forgive my ignorance, but when I am looking at the ATC screen, what are the ranges of the blue airspace circles? Are they standardized with all the airports? 5/10/50 miles, 10/20/50, etc?

I am just curious to work on my spacing/timing.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Perfect, thanks! That will help me gauge traffic when landing.

Chris, the blue symbols are not exact measurements but they do represent each airport’s airspace. Some are similar and others vary by a few miles. Anywhere from the 5 mile ring for tower airspace, getting bigger as you cover approach’s airspace.

1 Like

The blue circle is that airport’s active airspace. You get on-guards if you are in that area.

1 circles: Delta airport(EGLC). SFL-2600 above SFL(ASFL, that’s what I call it)
2 circles: Charlie airport(TNCM) Inner circle SFL-4200 ASFL(I think) and 2600-4200 ASFL for outer
3 circles: Bravo(KLAX) Inner circle from SFL all the way till 8100 feet above SFL. Middle circle 2600-8100 ASFL. Outer circle 4200-8100 ASFL

2 Likes

Ian, what’s the reason for having an inner, middle and outer circle? What meaning do the have?

@azeeuwnl I believe it’s a simplified version of this:

The top right of your map screen shows you the altitudes and XP for the rings.

In IF, In regards to LAX as @HV9690 has stated above, if you’re in the outer ring and under 4,200, you can fly a GA aircraft VFR for example without being under control from that tower, as you’re not in their airspace as per the diagram.

5 Likes

Nice diagram. Tks man!