Display names only available for one player at a time

How would this be implemented?

1 Like

I guess it will be using the same method like how Infinite Flight bans inapproriate callsigns. With a message pops up like “This callsign has been taken by another user, Please look for another callsign” once you clicked OK if someone has already used the same callsign

2 Likes

treat them as my fans?

2 Likes

Why else will they make a username the same as you. Because they watch your videos and are a fans of your channel. Try to look at it from a more positive point of view

True, but you lost the draw, so change your name, please.

1 Like

Some people like me like to have different callsigns so we could fly different “commercial routes” as well. I don’t know if this idea would work for everyone, just those that like to keep their callsign.

They try to get attention (Mostly)

2 Likes

In the long run people like that could fool other fans. They’re doing it so that people follow them, attention, not because they like the YouTuber

1 Like

Coming soon to IF…FDS Verified Display Names…

4 Likes

Make people bid for a name, the person who pays the most gets the name?

2 Likes

But I do appreciate it, when they do get attention! It shows how my “fans” react.

2 Likes

Checks made payable to FDS, c/o Tim Beckmann…

2 Likes

Sound like a great idea lol the other day I saw 3 Laura’s flying and the sad part is I almost believed them for a second lol. P.s love your vids

Yeah, no kidding. Would be an interesting approach…

1 Like

I do love when they try to impersonate @anon66442947…except for the 3:1 violations to landings ratio (not a typo) and not flying a Citation, they’ve almost got it.

3 Likes

I mean, many places have usernames that can only be taken once, and it works fine their. So I think it would be fine for Display names.
However, I do often change my display name if I’m flying for a VA (AeroSync - AIDoLS, United VA - AIDoLS, P&P - AIDoLS, IFC - AID oLS, etc), so I’m not down for permanent display names.

1 Like

Yeah but how are the moderators or the system going to distinguish between the legimitate original user and other person who is copying the original user?

1 Like

i think every player has an id kind of

1 Like

I guess it will work like this, whoever get it first like VATSIM.

There will be a lot of unhappy people then.

1 Like