Disparity between flight time & landings for grades

With the global update, players can fly across the world and gain a massive amount of for doing so. To put this into picture, I have flown 2 longer flights (one was 2h40, the other was 3h59) among other shorter flights and I currently have almost 10,000 XP. However, I am still in Grade 1 as I have only completed 9 landings (out of 25 to reach Grade 2).

I understand that landings are a significant factor to determine skill at flying, however I believe that now with longer flights being abundant with the update, the amount of landings required to progress to the next grade should be reconsidered, as currently I see the only potential way I could get to Grade 2 in the near future is by completing lots of touch & gos.

2 Likes

I completely agree, with Global out the landing requirement should be significantly less then it is now.

1 Like

The problem is when the Landings get for grade 3 from 50 to 15 or something many neewbies doing 4 long hauls and get acces to the expert server. And the name “expert” say it this is an place for people following rules and trying to know what pattern instructions are, and this neewbies who have done 4 long hauls flights are getting confused whis all that new instructions and commands.

Well, I think there needs to be some sort of challenge! Now that global is out, everyone is getting mass amounts of XP and if there were less landings required it would be too easy. Just do some touch and goes, it’s not that hard.

It’s hard work, but any expert pilot should Put the effort in. I am grade 5, I’ve done it myself.

2 Likes

You need to be TL2 to post a feature request.

2 Likes

I disagree with this, I think a pilots quality and ability to land shouldn’t be based on the fact you can do a 180 in a C208 and land on a parallel runway.

1 Like

There are numerous topics open that discuss this. Feel free to search around ;)