So I’ve been thinking: are the benefits of being a pilot worth what one has to sacrifice in order to be a pilot?
- Good Career, if you enjoy aviation
- Diverse community
- Always meeting new people
- Can venture the world freely
- Travel benefits
- High training cost
- Away from family and friends
- Training to Profit ratio is really tight
- Stressful job, lives of people on your hands
- Life-long commitment
- Radiation exposure
So what do you guys think? This has been bothering me a bit, unsure whether to continue to become an airline pilot.
Is it worth being a pilot?
As the title shows, this is to encourage conversation and disscusion, so feel free to share your views on things, as long as isn’t offensive.
Please do not turn this into a debate