Discrimination; Light General Aviation (GA) Aircraft need not apply or participate!

Thanks for your reply! :) I currently do that in Playground, but this happened to me also on Advanced, and there I try to always follow what the approach says. At the end it’s not that much of a hassle, but it usually messes up the nice “sightseeing” tour I’ve planned.

Advanced controllers should give you flight following while In a GA unless traffic is a mess and they can’t

1 Like

Especially in Advance I would do it… If you are PIC, you have final athority. This is why we need more pilot to controller communication options. Like one that says “listen to what I’m asking you for”

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I think that we should have more GA events, but not an event mixed with commercial aircraft. It need to be a dedicated fly-in for either the GA aircraft or commercial aircraft. I’m sure everyone can see the traffic volumes during a FNF. Mixing the two will decrease traffic flow between the airports involved. Perhaps a GA FNF once a month or something. Get some GA in along with the big jets.

2 Likes

It would be difficult to maintain FNF flow rates with GA mixed in with commercial. You can have a event where you segregate GA and commercial traffic, GA can fly from OGG-HNL and commercial aircraft from ITO-HNL. Keep GA traffic due east of OGG and keep commercial traffic due west. If using 08 flow at HNL, then they can easily vector in GA to the south of HNL into 8R and keep commercial to the north of the island and vector into 8L.

1 Like

Or have the pilot fly themselves into HNL with the airspace assigned to them, and the controllers vectoring the commercial traffic away from the GA traffic.

1 Like

N123AB, caution wake turbulence by departing Super, Runway 07L, cleared for takeoff…

1 Like

Flying VFR. Max Sends

@Danman… Dan, don’t agree. Mixed types are an every day occurrence. Almost every “B” has an FBO to service executive and light GA. The FAA dose not “Discriminate”. This IF Trash Hauler mindset never sat right with me. In my mind the only reason IF does not offer more GA iin the inventory is demand. It’s time real aviators placed the demand on the system. Let’s get the Tail Draggers out of the barn with 3D cockpits, a Recip twin or two and generate an interest in “flying”! Max Sends

3 Likes

@Rotate… Imagine utilizing the short runways were available plus Stacking, Pattern & Short Finals for GA. Let’s expand the IF universe. If the Controllers can’t handle the pressure of a real world mixed bag let them eat cake! Max Sends

@Maxmustang IMC procedures that I created… You mean the ones that relied solely on landmarks and pilotage? The one that “only allowed an ILS approach” to a runway that doesn’t have ILS… You may want to go back and check the procedures. :)

2 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton Ya that’s the one with the 10000’ IP and headings. Don’t look like a VFR free flight go with a Pattern entry to me! Max Sends

(PS: why the Ghosting Threat & Speak to the IMC Procedures only on the major IF Events)

Next time I’ll make the entry at 7000ft and we’ll see how that works out with the mountains. Research stuff like AirVenture and you’ll see procedures pretty darn similar to this.

We keep realistic scenarios on the Advanced Server. That means we simulate a real world route or situation… if you want to fly something that’s not prescribed in the procedure, simply fly on the playground or freeflight. I would say we have done more than enough to accomodate every… I mean everyone for events. We have done a low vis event in Sydney, we have done windy ones in Miami, we did a “full day as a pilot” event in SoCal that that included an entire route for props, we did a free event in Seattle with no procedures or rules, we did a Summit in Denver wiith divert procedures, we did a GA only event in SoCal, then this past event in Singapore. Maybe I’m missing something, but I’ve never seen our event’s more diverse than they are now. You’re welcome to create a GA event and post it here so that people can fly it! Cheers,

Tyler

3 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton… You own it, I just observe and state my opinion. The individual posts here say it all.
Max Sends

Your opinion is noted. I’m just saying that many dont want GA events and find it boring. I’ve made sure we accommodate everyone by changing it up every week and including everyone’s wants. Thanks!

1 Like