Discrimination; Light General Aviation (GA) Aircraft need not apply or participate!

I call your attention to a failure to include VFR Procedures in IF Event Programs which precludes Light GA participation!
For example the so called IF sponsored Palmdale GA event (the only IF GA event of memory) provided for IMC procedures only with an unrealistic 10,000 Foot IP to an ILS Approach only. IF Sponsored Friday Night events use only IMC Routes and Procedures with an ILS Approach Required. ( Ghosting is threatened for failure to follow NOTAM IMC guidance for those who fly on the Advanced Server thus absolutely precluding light GA VFR participation for those who dare). My Requests for the inclusion of VMC Procedures for both the Palm Dale and the last Friday Night Event were ignored or rejected and are a matter of record in the event comments. All Aviators as full privilege subscriber should be offered an “Equal Opportunity” to fly in all IF sponsored events utilizing their procedure of choice or as required by the FAR, which for the majority of Light GA Pilots are filed utilizing speeds, altitudes and Wx conditions well within the VMC envelope. Accordingly, it is recommended that all future IF Event include both IMC & VMC procedures.
What say you Community? Mad Max Sends

13 Likes

Back to the Top. This has been on the burner for 4 hours with no feed back. Appears GA is of limited interest. So much for the less than 10%. Max Sends

1 Like

Oh no it’s not your absolutely correct

Sorry dude I’m all about the jets.

@Maxmustang totally behind you here. I love a bit of GA (along with other things), but more should be done for them. I don’t mind jet only FNFs, but there should be more GA ones, and realistic procedures for them. I’m kinda sick of the WSSS-WMKK runs.

3 Likes

Think you find Fighters Fly VFR most of the time. Your part of the 10%… Max Sends

1 Like

Haha. I’m talking jets with more than two seats dude or I’d have an opinion on this. You are right though

100% agree, Max! I spawned into the palmdale event and found a ghost town. Took off on my slow ascent to 10k ft in my Cirrus. Finally on my descent a tower controller came online and a few other inbound planes joined. I think I was lucky to get to fly in semi-vfr with another plane and visual separation.

We need to get more GA flights and events! Need to get more interest. Maybe pushing for improvements to our limited GA fleet will help!

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Will there be turbulent Tuesday tomorrow

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Defiantly agree Max, but I think that is par for the course. IF seams to lean towards controllers and commercial traffic despite the fact that the regions have great GA routes. Controllers don’t want pilots making decisions by themselves :P. Thanks for keeping the GA fight alive.

I’ve brought some medicine to help you feel better:

Grab your 208
Log onto the ATC Playground server
Go to SoCal
Start up at 0CA5 Hoffman-Private
Declutter all those aids
Fly to and land at 8CL1 Lake Wohlford Resort
Then continue on to CA84 Torrey Pines
Finally return to 0CA5

When you are on your return leg to 0CA5, pull up your GPS map of the region and zoom out. Take a good look at all those “trash haulers” marching in line, take a deep breath, take it in, and smile. At that point… it will be a fact… beyond any reasonable doubt… that you are the happiest driver on the map!!!

4 Likes

FAA Certified Controllers handle mixed bags every day. At some point IF controllers will learn the ropes. Multiple runways use the short ones for GA & short hauls and the long Rwys for Trash Haulers. Single Rwy., Stackem and Seperate them, go with the flow. Max Sends

2 Likes

Totally agree! Seems like every time a prop plane is inbound to an airport, it’s a chore to let us land with the rest. I can easily keep up with an inbound jet to any airport. But some how the GA always is looked down appon…

2 Likes

I definitely agree with you, and I have one question regarding this.

Very often even if I am flying VFR on a small GA aircraft and, when instructed, I contact the Approach ATC and request flight following. Most of the times, the Approach controller assigns me an ILS approach. Wouldn’t that be unnecessary? At the same time, if I am requesting VFR, it might be because I am not qualified for IFR? What should be my response in that case?

If they give you and ILS approach…Then request flight following again and again until they get it in their stupid head you don’t wanna land…if they can’t figure it out, they should be controlling.

3 Likes