Discourse Update - "Insert Date" Feature

Discourse Update - New Fancy Feature

With great honor, I would like to introduce you to a pretty big feature that has been introduced into this community!

Meet my new girl "Date."

This new feature is going to be huge as it can be used for literally anything!
From your typical events to FNF’s start and end time (So everyone knows when it starts and ends in their timezone) to even our weekly IFATC Schedules!

Here’s How It Work’s:

Step Instructions
Step One: Accessing The Insert Date Feature When creating a topic (#live:events, #atc), you will see the little options icon in the main dashboard. Click on that “options” icon and click on “Insert Date”
Step Two: Inserting The Date The first thing that you will see when you are Inserting a date is the current date For your current time zone. Click on the date and a calendar pop up will appear. Click on the date that you would like to select for your event, etc
Step Three: Inserting The Time Next to the date, you will see the current time. Click on the time and a pop up will appear. Select the time that you wish for it to code into other time zones (Time of the event in your time zone)
Step Four: Recurrence Below the time and date, you will see “Recurrence”. This is how many times this time will be used (IFATC’s Weekly Schedule, FNF). You have the option between every day, every week, every two weeks, etc)

More Options will appear if you hit "Advanced Options"

StepsAfterAdvancing Instructions
Step Five: Formatting The Time You have the option of displaying the time in many different ways. May 20, 2018, May 20, 2018 2:25 AM, Sunday, May 20, 2018 2:25 AM, 2:25:00 AM, and TZ
Step Six: Displaying In Different Time Zones Here is the big thing! This is where you get to let other people know what time the event begins for them in their timezone! Simply “Search” a major city. Emphasis on Major City (Examples: Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Los Angles, Denver, Chicago, New York, Dubai, Sydney). After you have a city selected, click on it and it will display in the timezone search bar! You can have a maximum of 5 that it can seach for you… But you can still enter in all 24 Times zones! by manually typing it in after Inserting it (Step Seven)
Step Seven: Insert In the bottom left you will see the text displaying “Insert”. Press that and view your beautiful masterpiece!

Photos Showing Where Everything Is

Getting To "Insert Date"

Inserting The Date

Inserting The Time

Recurrence

Formatting The Time

Displaying In Different Time Zones

Note: In Table, the words “Steps After Advancing” had to be mashed together to align the table

Go and Try This New Feature In Your Next Event!

53 Likes

Wow what a nifty feature
I will be using this for sure in my next event!

Nice’ very useful and interesting!

Pretty nifty… This does not change the requirement to format events correctly. You are welcome to use this inside of an event for clarification.

4 Likes

Hmmm… The topic looks a bit weird on IOS but on PC it looks fine 😉

Interesting feature! The next Breathe Life into XXXX event, I will try it out

Wow this is bery useful

Just Showing off how it displays in a link to a event thread

I love how the you can even look at the time conversions even when not on the actual thread! This is going to be awesome!

2 Likes

So it’s a built in time conversion button that can be added to an event post?

May 20, 2018 6:46 AM (Europe: Paris), May 19, 2018 9:46 PM (America: Los Angeles)
Neat.

1 Like

Very useful function. It will be useful in events.

May 20, 2018 7:00 PM (Europe: Paris), May 20, 2018 10:00 AM (America: Los Angeles)
Wow, that’s great, I thought it was very useful!

May 20, 2018 9:20 PM (Europe: Paris), May 20, 2018 12:20 PM (America: Los Angeles)
Test

September 1, 2018 10:14 PM (Europe: Paris), September 1, 2018 1:14 PM (America: Los Angeles)
Cool!

Nice and well-organized topic, 🎈.

11 Likes

Interestingly this feature was an update to the Discourse Chronos Plugin which is shipped with the core package and has been around for a short while according to its Github Database. If any of you wish to leave some kind words about the features of the plugin, I invite you to make a topic in the Praise category on Discourse Meta.

Now that this feature has been added onto… Expect to see a updated version of this.

You can now do the start and end time in 4’ clicks

1:11 AM (Europe: Paris), 4:11 PM (America: Los Angeles)3:11 AM (Europe: Paris), 6:11 PM (America: Los Angeles)

Expect to see a full blown addon within this week

Slow claps
Anyways, this seems cool, I like the idea, I’ll be sure to use it!

1 Like

[date=2018-08-19 time=01:02 format=“LLL” timezones=“Europe/Paris|America/Los_Angeles|America/El_Salvador”]Test
August 24, 2018 10:55 PM (Europe: Paris)”]

September 18, 2018 3:39 PM (Europe: Paris), September 18, 2018 6:39 AM (America: Los Angeles), September 18, 2018 9:39 AM (America: New York), September 18, 2018 3:39 PM (Europe: Luxembourg), September 18, 2018 2:39 PM (Europe: London)
September 19, 2018 9:50 AM (Europe: Paris), September 19, 2018 12:50 AM (America: Los Angeles)September 20, 2018 9:51 AM (Europe: Paris), September 20, 2018 12:51 AM (America: Los Angeles)

Test