Disconnecting and connecting a joystick while flying

I have same problem with Tab S2+ T hotas.

BTW I use a USB OTG adapter to connect my joystick directly to my phone

so can someone help me out?

Once you are set up in the app, it is strongly recommended that you do not back out of the app or run background apps because your device my force close IF or you may experience lag. Case in point, having your joystick connected then disconnecting it and reconnecting just complicates things. This is the trade off when you aren’t utilizing a service such as Live Flight Connect.

so it’s strongly recommended to use LiveFlight if applicable?

Try not to unplug things while you are flying and keep the app open without backing out.

makes sense but how are you able to charge a phone if you’re using a joystick? especially with the long haul flights when global comes out, you pretty much have to charge your phone during a flight.

1 Like

I have an iPad so I don’t have that issue. Maybe someone with an Android device has some recommendations and suggestions. But even with the iPad I refrain from closing the app and unplugging anything.

how do you charge your device though? Do you fly long haul flights? Because a device (even with a decent battery life) isn’t able to work for that long without charging it correct?

just wanna make sure I’m not missing out on anything, I know it’s weird that it happens but I’m trying to find a solution. Appreciate the effort! And if you are able to find a solution that would be amazing!

Unless someone else can chime in there isn’t a real solid solution on charging your device with the OTG cable.

yeah… can’t think of one either. guess the only solution would be to use LiveFlight connect, right?

that way you can charge your phone and use a joystick

I would take a look here to look for other options such as LFC. Make sure you have good WiFi service if you intend on using Connect as an option ;)

do you use LFC yourself?

I do occasionally and enjoy it 😉
Give it a shot 👍🏼

nice, appreciate the help! and when you’re not using LFC are you using a usb otg cable or are you hand flying the A/C (with your phone)?

1 Like

I use an iPad Air 2 to fly and a Surface Pro 3 for LFC.

sweet, well appreciate your help! thank you!

1 Like