Disappointed

I believe the problem is not with the pilots but the ATC system itself. A possible solution would be to bridge the gap between anyone going on to TS1 and controlling and Expert IFATC. A “TSATC” for example would not allow controlling on Expert but instead all privileges non IFATC currently have with the addition of ghosting. To make sure this responsibility is not abused, a theoretical and practical exam would still be required, only to a lesser standard of that of IFATC. And with a TSATC, to become IFATC you would require x number if hours and additional knowledge in a second theoretical exam, no longer allowing people to go from nothing to IFATC, These “TSATC” hours would be a requirement. Thus there would be a grading system for ATC.

This is just my solution to a growing problem, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Of course you should on expert and if you are wrong fully ghosted i’m sure the mods will be able to help. 100% start flying on expert their is no reason not to.

What doesn’t help is that the , " report user" function has been disabled on the TS , so any offenders can roam freely on the TS.

2 Likes

I wish it showed if you were reported, like when you are ghosted it could say in the bar at the top of the screen “you have been reported… if behavior does not improve you will be ghosted”
(Something along those lines)

2 Likes

Expert server is where it’s at. Training server consists of people (not all) who don’t care about the rules.

What on earth would a TSATC test consist of that a IFATC test doesn’t? Further more how would you even know how to control if you aren’t permitted to play around with it to begin with?

There’s at least one idiot left on solo mode, eh @speedbird203? 😂

5 Likes

This has been discussed at length and is being taken under advisement. Reporting on TS1 was removed due to mass group-reporting and patrolling. Further, adding tutorials in-app has been in discussions. There’s really no need to keep rehashing the same ideas without any knowledge of the inner workings. Thanks for all of the input.